But when I go to airplay from my iPhone to my apple tv, it says Apple TV (2)... kicker is I only own one apple tv. Now I do live in an apartment complex, could someone nearby have one as well? If that is the case, when i play from my phone could my neighbor be watching it? Hopefully this makes sense to someone!
    03-28-2015 10:00 PM
    The only way you'd be AirPlaying to a neighbor's AppleTV is if they're mooching your wifi/internet... there's a bit of a bug where sometimes there will be a (2) in AppleTV names... Nothing to worry about.
    03-28-2015 10:07 PM
    There is no such thing as a stupid question. I guarantee that there are going to be quite a few people experiencing your issue who don't know the answer either. Now we have the question and answer in one place, anyone else searching the Internet will hopefully find this solution.

It's the reason we have friendly forums like this and knowledgeable folk like Keith above to assist.

Good luck getting it resolved.
    03-28-2015 11:51 PM
    Sometimes the Apple TV can get renamed like that. It's still your Apple TV. It's some minor, inconsequential issue with networking and Apple's Bonjour service, I think. There's another thread on here talking about the same thing. For awhile I even had my MacBook Pro with up to a (4) after it.
    One thing you can try is to go into the Settings on the Apple TV and given it another name like "Family Room".
    03-29-2015 09:00 AM
    And trust me- no where near the stupidest question on here

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    03-29-2015 09:10 AM
    Since the (2) has started showing up on my list (I have 4 boxes) it usually only picks one of the four to add the 2. It also doesn't always choose the one I have powered on and can randomly assign the 2, and last of all... Since this phenomenon starting occurring, AirPlay has been hit or miss and very unstable for me either with iPad Air or iPhone 6. I keep everything up to date etc. have tried various things to fix, including resetting the boxes! Anyone have any ideas!!??
    03-30-2015 01:55 AM
    The (2) shows up for me as well now that I have 2 ATV's in my house. Bedroom and Garage. Sometimes the Garage one will display the (2). It works fine though.
    03-30-2015 05:07 PM