Apple TV's Future

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I just want to know your opinions on this idea. Would you rather have an Apple TV 4 hardware or have an Apple TV app? The current Apple TV 3 is $69.99 and if they make an Apple TV 4, it'll probably be $100.
I prefer Apple make an Apple TV 4 in lieu of an Apple TV app. It's a hardware streaming device and I prefer to keep it that way.
I figured Apple can make an app and in order to use it, it'll cost $25 a year. Software is practically free so Apple can make more of a profit vs making less money an an Apple TV hardware piece.What's your thought s?
The software is useless if the service to use it cost $25 annually. If we pay the $25 + the subscriptions for Hulu+, Netflix, HBONow, etcetera, we'll be paying the same amount that we would if we had a cable subscription, in my opinion. Besides, Apple has more than enough money and bring in more than enough profits to continue doing what it is currently doing.

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay lets put a screeching halt to this nonsense right now. You're suggesting that Apple make an "app", to playback other content providers "apps", on yet another manufactures devices, that most likely already contains the other content providers "apps" in the first place, and they should charge $25 dollars annually for this privilege. That's just brilliant ...

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It was just an idea Hank and I have the right to my thoughts. I just figured more profit can be made with software and some people don't like having their area cluttered with stuff around their TV. I can be a BlackBerry fan too along with the other systems. I made this account I believe 2 years ago and at the time, I was deeply in love with BlackBerry. Don't even pay attention too my name considering I own almost every operating system. Lastly, "Pretty much what one would expect from a BB fan forever" Really?

It was a poor idea. But yes, it was your idea and you're welcome to it. Let me explain to you why you're getting such backlash so you can try to avoid this in the future.

If you tell me you're hungry for a steak, it's reasonable to believe you want a steak. If I tell you that you can only have the salad and you're going to pay me more for the salad, you aren't going to be happy. Sure, watching things on your phone/tablet/comp is SIMILAR to watching it on your tv just as both a steak and salad provide sustenance. But, that's not the only thing you're interested in.

The point of the ATV is that people want to watch things from their other devices on their tv. If you take the TV out of the equation, you've completely negated the purpose of the app.

The reason your name is being picked on is because it shows you don't really think things through. It's not surprising you come bringing an idea that didn't include any thought. If this bothers you, start thinking before speaking.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I know. There are videos on You Tubber that indicate there is a way to jail earl App.e TV 3. Then I read there is not a jail break. So no one knows.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR