Anyone else's WATCH ESPN Apple TV channel sucking also?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The past 10 days the WATCH Espn channel on both my Apple TV's have worked well about 75% of the time as opposed to almost 100% of the time when I first started using it months and months ago. I've done full restores on each device to no avail. I still get a lot of buffering, stoppages, and so forth. I've pretty much gone the route of AirPlaying from my iPad and it works without a hitch.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The past 10 days the WATCH Espn channel on both my Apple TV's have worked well about 75% of the time as opposed to almost 100% of the time when I first started using it months and months ago. I've done full restores on each device to no avail. I still get a lot of buffering, stoppages, and so forth. I've pretty much gone the route of AirPlaying from my iPad and it works without a hitch.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I don't watch anything but YouTube and Apple content on the Apple TV.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It varies. I usually unplug and plug back in if it's bad. What really bites is when apps become unactivated. Most aren't worth the hassle anyways. It's hard to imagine this is the future.

My main uses are espn 3 especially during college fball and bball seasons, airplay (I've dropped netflix and using amazon instead since it's included), podcasts, youtube, and hbogo.

rchapman80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my ATV3. Some days it works amazingly. Other, well I get frustrated and give up. I have noticed that the Chromecast I have does a better job with the Watche ESPN app than my ATV3 does. Not sure why this is but It's frustrating that I can't just have it work when I want it.

I usually try unplugging everything for a few minutes and plugging it back in (ATV3, router and modem). Sometimes it seems to work, other not so much.

Also to note, Hulu and Netflix work flawlessly on my ATV3. Maybe it's on ESPN's end?

As someone above mentioned, I would love to not have to continually sign into and authorize Watch ESPN, Watch Disney and Watch Disney XD what seem likes every week or two. My older Roku would just let me sign in once and I wouldn't have to do it again. Progress this is not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, and it is only the WatchESPN channel. I've noticed it at the start of this year's football season (I think). What's really weird about it is that if I watch the same game on my iPhone via the WatchESPN app, it works without a problem, but if I use AirPlay and stream it via my Apple TV then the streaming issues begin just as it does via the ATV's WatchESPN channel. Go figure!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2