Hi,
    Can anyone tell me, from experice if an ATV connected on the same wifi network, however with NO internet will still be able to airplay off my ipad or iPhone.
    Tks.
    06-25-2014 11:01 AM
    I'm sorry but, If there is no internet there is no Wi-Fi. So in essence: There is no connection.
    06-25-2014 11:09 AM
    I'm sorry but, If there is no internet there is no Wi-Fi. So in essence: There is no connection.
    Not true I can have a local network with wifi and not have Internet access.

To the OP: the ATV doesn't need an internet connection for airplay.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-25-2014 02:33 PM
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me, from experice if an ATV connected on the same wifi network, however with NO internet will still be able to airplay off my ipad or iPhone.
    Tks.
    With ios 8 airplay will function without wifi.
    iOS 8 will introduce peer to peer networking protocol to airplay.
    06-25-2014 05:34 PM
    Not true I can have a local network with wifi and not have Internet access.

To the OP: the ATV doesn't need an internet connection for airplay.
    If the material being played is something you added to your iTunes, yes... If it's iTunes purchased, it won't play...at least that is my experience.
    06-26-2014 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    06-30-2014 05:41 AM
    Hi,
    Tks.
    You will be able to mirror screen as well as airplay any content from your iDevice as long as desired file is locally available on your device. (Is stores in your device's memory, rather than eg. In the cloud)
    09-05-2014 01:12 PM
    You will be able to mirror screen as well as airplay any content from your iDevice as long as desired file is locally available on your device. (Is stores in your device's memory, rather than eg. In the cloud)
    Not quite. Content purchased via the iTunes Store has to authenticate to play via Home Sharing and/or AirPlay... The only way I can play purchased content without an Internet connection is to use my TV as a second monitor to the computer...hard wired.
    09-05-2014 02:15 PM
    Kieth im trying to get clear on if the ATV can run off my apple phone as a hot spot?? i have been searching for some info and keep getting conflicting info. at my home i have comcast and netflex and pay for that service. while we are camping on the summer weekends we want that in our camper so i though the best solution was Apple TV using my phone as the WIFI hot spot...but someome told be you cant use the apple phone as a wifi hot spot??? can you give me any ideas
    12-18-2014 12:35 PM
    Yeah I airplay from my laptop to my ATV all the time through a router with no internet connection
    12-20-2014 07:02 PM