Is Netflix Still Messed Up on Apple TV?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For the past few months people have been reporting that Netflix on the Apple TV is not working properly after updating the software to 6.0.2. The quality of the movies are poor, because Netflix is not connecting to the internet correctly. All other Apple TV applications are working as they should. Are any of you having problems with Netfix?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me....other than Verizon slowing it down....and we all know about that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any issues, and I am on Verizon FIOS. I have both an Apple TV and a Roku HD. The Roku has some issues once in a while that require me to refresh my network connection, but the ATV works just fine. Sometimes the picture quality fades in and out, but that is definitely a buffering issue. I think Netflix is more to blame for some of these issues than FIOS, to be honest.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would say for the past few months I've had some issues with Netflix. Usually the stream will hang every now and then. Going back and restarting the stream usually fixes it. I always thought it to be a Network issue because I have Verizon.
It's not that annoying of a problem for me.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have FIOS, but my pings and speed tests regularly (even during Netflix deficiencies) test exactly as advertised. This is what leads me to believe the issue is more Netflix related. Good article, Not Quite Right. I figured it was due to server issues and that verifies that Netflix is trying to push an agenda that is costly to the companies but they don't want to foot the bill for it without compensation.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have FIOS, but my pings and speed tests regularly (even during Netflix deficiencies) test exactly as advertised. This is what leads me to believe the issue is more Netflix related. Good article, Not Quite Right. I figured it was due to server issues and that verifies that Netflix is trying to push an agenda that is costly to the companies but they don't want to foot the bill for it without compensation.

Here's a little more reading material on the subject ... Netflix Agrees To Pay Comcast To End Slowdown – Consumerist

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's an ISP or a netflix issue, I think it's a network optimization issue. I remember when hurricane sandy hit New York, I couldn't access Facebook through my home ISP but I could using cellular data cause of how my ISP routed data. This what I think the issue is, it's how traffic for Netflix is being routed.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I only have issues when my kids are using up both streams and I wanna watch something. First world problems?

Seriously I have the same issues with my kids lol dumb error can not load content message lol
Other than that I have watched 8 seasons of supernatural with no issue except HD quality dropping for a min or two because my connection slows way down but that's a ISP issue.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2