full tv screen mirroring with ipad

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
My mom hates how when she mirrors her ipad onto the tv screen, there are black crop out areas on the sides of the screen since the ipad has different dimensions.

Is there a way to fix this? There's a lot of apps with tv shows/movies she can't watch with just the apple tv or with airplay so she has to mirror.

Thanks. Also, seems like airplay/mirroring is dropping every so often for her. I think it's cause ios 7 is new and the issue will be fixed with future updates. Is that right or is there something wrong with her system?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok it's jailbroken. From my understanding mirroring is just that mirroring whatever is on the iPad.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
But, will things on the side be cut-off from view?
Does not appear to be. It works the same way as doing that when viewing the video just on the iPad, it puts it full-screen. The video window is full screen, and the video within is whatever size the video is in.

sdilbar

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. You can try if you're using the latest version of XBMC (Gotham I believe it's called) and the latest ios 7, or even ios 6.
Enable the airplay mirroring from the iPad first, make sure xbmc is closed from the app switcher as well because you basically need a fresh open of the xbmc app after airplay mirroring is enable, xbmc should then open full screen, if not try changing the video settings in xbmc, I'm not exactly sure where right now but it's pretty easy to find if you spend a little time fiddling around with it.
Hope it works!

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's fine but for web surfing I don't get edge to edge in landscape mode as I do with iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods