HBOGo, what do you get?

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I've been debating getting a cheap cable subscription just to get HBOGo but I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit more about what they have available before I took the leap.

-How is the movie selection? Like do they have all the new release movies that are available on the actual channel or is it just some crappy B movies?
-I know the current series are available but what about discontinued series like Sopranos, Entourage, or Hard Knocks?
-How is the quality over AppleTV? I don't need 1080p or anything but HD would be nice.

Sorry if these are answered elsewhere but I can't seem to find much about HBOGo on here really.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I think it basically has the selection from the channel.

Didn't find Hard Knocks.
yje3e7a5.jpg
uhu6u9yd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
HBO Go is great. I've been using it for almost two years now.
The movie selection is great IMHO. The have the new release movie of the month just like regular HBO.
The have all of the series to my knowledge I haven't seen Hard Knocks on there. Not sure why it isn't on there it may be done deal with the NFL.
I watch HBO Go on the iPhone iPad and a 720p TV and the quality is excellent in my opinion. For a time I streamed it from my iPhone to Apple TV and would forget I was streaming. I would say go for it.

#Naked Tuesday

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
HBO Go is great. I've been using it for almost two years now.
The movie selection is great IMHO. The have the new release movie of the month just like regular HBO.
The have all of the series to my knowledge I haven't seen Hard Knocks on there. Not sure why it isn't on there it may be done deal with the NFL.
I watch HBO Go on the iPhone iPad and a 720p TV and the quality is excellent in my opinion. For a time I streamed it from my iPhone to Apple TV and would forget I was streaming. I would say go for it.

#Naked Tuesday

I've never had HBO before which is the main reason I am going to get it, I will have HOURS of stuff to watch with all those series I've wanted to see. That's why I'm curious about your statement about new release movie of the month just like the regular HBO. So you only get one new movie a month?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've never had HBO before which is the main reason I am going to get it, I will have HOURS of stuff to watch with all those series I've wanted to see. That's why I'm curious about your statement about new release movie of the month just like the regular HBO. So you only get one new movie a month?

They add new movies every month I believe. By new movie of the month I meant a current year release.
For example the movie Stoker with Nicole Kidman is in Sneek Peek on HBO Go that film was in theaters in March 2013 and DVD in June 2013. So next week it will be in the rotation on HBO GO a week after Sneek Peek. Also if there is a "making of" a film on HBO Go of a film now in theaters that film will be on HBO and HBO Go sometime after it's released on home media.

#Naked Tuesday

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sweet, sounds pretty awesome. I think I am going to get it but I am probably going to wait till after the NFL season though since I won't use it as much now with how much football I watch LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner