Apple TV and iTunes problem

Richardstephens

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I have been using my AppleTV for some months now and am generally happy with it but there are some issues that I would like to clear up. Not sure if it is my configuration or not but will try to explain.

I am running the latest version of both AppleTV (latest generation) and iTunes on my MacMini with Maverick.
I use it only for streaming from my computer to my tv set so have disabled AirPlay.
I know that iTunes has to be open to view videos on my tv and that works.

Here is what happens that I do not understand or know how to stop.
When I open a video on my tv, on my computer iTunes automatically starts to run the first video in my library with the resulting complication of having the sound from that video playing on my computer while the sound from another video in my library is playing on my tv. I fixed that by just turning off the sound on iTunes. But what happens is that iTunes then categorizes the video on my computer as "viewed" when I actually have not seen it.

Has anyone else had this experience and knows how to stop iTunes from doing this on my computer?

Thanks for any help on this.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your remote control for the AppleTV is also being seen by the MacMini... disable remote controls in the set-up of the MacMini... System Preferences>> Security & Privacy>> General>> Advanced>> turn off infrared receiver on the MacMini.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2