Yes I canceled my cable and stuck with my ATV
    11-21-2013 04:09 PM
    Does appleTV let me mirror to my tv anything that i can stream on my computer? Or is it just what i own?
    From iPad and iPhone you can mirror anything from the devices and iTunes you can AirPlay whatever iTunes plays
    11-21-2013 04:10 PM
    From iPad and iPhone you can mirror anything from the devices and iTunes you can AirPlay whatever iTunes plays
    If you have a Mac of fairly recent vintage you can also mirror the entire screen.
    11-21-2013 04:47 PM
    Nice! Thanks guys
    11-22-2013 12:35 PM
    I could totally do without cable if I could get ESPN without a cable subscription.

My watching habits:
    -Sports Center (NFL live and MNF during NFL season too)
    -News (CBS)
    -Reruns of old sitcoms on TBS, The CW, WGN, etc.
    -Food Network

So with local channels, netflix, and ESPN I can easily watch the same things I watch now. I actually have access to more sitcoms, only thing I miss out on is my Food Network programming (Barefoot Contessa, etc.) but that isn't worth the amount I pay for cable.

If I could get HBOGo and WatchESPN without cable then I'd be WAY better off that route than with cable.
    12-06-2013 04:48 PM
    I could totally do without cable if I could get ESPN without a cable subscription.

My watching habits:
    -Sports Center (NFL live and MNF during NFL season too)
    -News (CBS)
    -Reruns of old sitcoms on TBS, The CW, WGN, etc.
    -Food Network

So with local channels, netflix, and ESPN I can easily watch the same things I watch now. I actually have access to more sitcoms, only thing I miss out on is my Food Network programming (Barefoot Contessa, etc.) but that isn't worth the amount I pay for cable.

If I could get HBOGo and WatchESPN without cable then I'd be WAY better off that route than with cable.
    Agreed. Between netflix, amazon instant, possibly hulu, if I had HBOGo and WatchESPN I'd be set.
    12-06-2013 05:40 PM
    Once I can stream live sports then I'll cancel cable, but not till then
    I second this. If I could stream NFL games I could completely migrate to my apple tv.
    12-06-2013 09:53 PM
    If someone could tell me how to get all my local shows and get hbogo and espn with out a log in from my cable provider then sure .. Until then I'm stuck
    12-06-2013 10:11 PM
    If someone could tell me how to get all my local shows and get hbogo and espn with out a log in from my cable provider then sure .. Until then I'm stuck
    This is my exact feeling on this as well
    12-06-2013 10:51 PM
    Unfortunately
    12-06-2013 11:12 PM
    I've been cable free with my Apple TV for almost two years now and I don't regret a second of it.
    isuquinndog likes this.
    12-07-2013 12:38 AM
    Other than live sports (which sucks for me, but not worth keeping DirecTV) there is very little that I can't watch via ATV. For some reason CBS is stuck in it's very old ways and does not use Hulu+ nor do they let you AirPlay from their website or App to a ATV. It's very annoying and frustrating. I'm not sure why out of the Big 4 Networks, they can't get on board.
    12-09-2013 10:11 AM
    To comment on the "If they had this then I'd switch, but not until then", what's the point of waiting? If the point is to save money, you obviously don't need to save it if ESPN viewing trumps your bank account. I didn't want to lose ESPN either, but my bank account had other ideas. I went from paying DirecTV $86.99/mo to paying Netflix and Hulu $17/mo. It's going to save me $840 over the course of 12 months.

I guess I don't get the point of "if they had this I'd switch" if you aren't wiling to switch now, why switch at all when it does come?
    12-09-2013 10:15 AM
    Other than live sports (which sucks for me, but not worth keeping DirecTV) there is very little that I can't watch via ATV. For some reason CBS is stuck in it's very old ways and does not use Hulu+ nor do they let you AirPlay from their website or App to a ATV. It's very annoying and frustrating. I'm not sure why out of the Big 4 Networks, they can't get on board.
    I really don't understand the reluctance of CBS to embrace Hulu, it's not like they don't load their streams with ads as well
    12-09-2013 10:22 AM
    I really don't understand the reluctance of CBS to embrace Hulu, it's not like they don't load their streams with ads as well
    This is why I boycott their shows. The only CBS show I watch is NCIS and I watch it via DVD from Netflix. There's plenty of other stuff to watch. I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Sent from my 64GB Space Gray iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2
    12-11-2013 07:28 PM
    only on a jailbroken ATV
    12-27-2013 11:58 PM
    Sorry this is sooo late, someone should have told you sooner: yes, Virginia, there's a reset!!
    Try this: back up using the left-arrow as far as it'll go.
    Then click the following buttons the indicated number of times. Ready? Here goes:

HOME - five times
    UP - once
    FAST REWIND - twice
    FAST FORWARD - twice

In about 30 seconds the screen should blank, the ROKU will do a 'soft reset' and take you back to your home screen.

No more unplugging!! Works well also when using the TUNEIN channel - sometimes all you get is the BUFFERING message. That means it's time to RESET.

You're welcome :-P
    06-09-2015 07:00 PM
    Sorry this is sooo late, someone should have told you sooner: yes, Virginia, there's a reset!!
    Try this: back up using the left-arrow as far as it'll go.
    Then click the following buttons the indicated number of times. Ready? Here goes:

HOME - five times
    UP - once
    FAST REWIND - twice
    FAST FORWARD - twice

In about 30 seconds the screen should blank, the ROKU will do a 'soft reset' and take you back to your home screen.

No more unplugging!! Works well also when using the TUNEIN channel - sometimes all you get is the BUFFERING message. That means it's time to RESET.

You're welcome :-P
    Please quote "Virginia" as well as the post where "Virginia" asked if "there's a reset". Maybe I'm just getting old and simply overlooked it.
    06-09-2015 07:30 PM
43 12