Apple TV Stopped Streaming Media Today

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Apple TV stopped streaming media from iCloud today. I select a purchased TV show, hit play, and a couple of seconds later, I'm right back to the same screen. I reset back to factory defaults, and it let me play one TV show (after an hour of setting up again), then it stopped playing media again. The only thing that still works is iTunes Match. Movies, TV, Music Videos, all don't work. I'm getting mightily pissed off as I just purchased the season of Sleepy Hollow and I'm not looking forward to watching it on my iPad!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My Apple TV stopped streaming media from iCloud today. I select a purchased TV show, hit play, and a couple of seconds later, I'm right back to the same screen. I reset back to factory defaults, and it let me play one TV show (after an hour of setting up again), then it stopped playing media again. The only thing that still works is iTunes Match. Movies, TV, Music Videos, all don't work. I'm getting mightily pissed off as I just purchased the season of Sleepy Hollow and I'm not looking forward to watching it on my iPad!

Try reconnecting to yor wifi or change the DNS

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try reconnecting to yor wifi or change the DNS

Thanks. Did both already. I then signed in as my son, and it works fine. Signed back in as me, and same thing happens. It never gets to the "authorizing" stage. I can still download to my PC, iPhone, and iPad, but not the Apple TV.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Did both already. I then signed in as my son, and it works fine. Signed back in as me, and same thing happens. It never gets to the "authorizing" stage. I can still download to my PC, iPhone, and iPad, but not the Apple TV.

That's strange guess some sort of issue with your Apple ID .. Maybe try contacting the support it might be something on that side

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if this has to do with the Apple TV I got at work. I'm a teacher, and we've been adding them to our rooms at the school. I signed in at work, and it was doing the same thing (wouldn't get to the authorizing stage). I just signed out at work and reset the box to factory. Hopefully, when I go home, I'll be able to use my home Apple TV again. I thought you could have several Apple TV's, but does that have to be all in one residence? Could the problem be that I was signed in to Apple TV in two locations?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711