I don't know if anyone else have this problem, but I watch a lot of podcasts on my Apple TV, but when I'm traveling I want to access my favorite podcasts on my iPhone or iPad. With the recent Apple TV update the podcasts sync with my iOS devices, but not my episode notifications. So when I finally open my podcaster app on the iPhone / iPad there isn't a couple of unseen episodes waiting for me, but hundreds, in tens of different podcasts...

I hardly watch TV anymore, but I watch a lot of podcasts, so I really wish this would be fixed...
    09-24-2013 02:02 AM
    Since you mentioned "when I'm traveling", have you gone into your podcast settings (Settings>Podcasts) via your iPhone and then enable the "Use Cellular Data" option to see if that helps?
    09-24-2013 09:47 AM
    Yes. That is not the problem.

Episodes don't get synced right (simultaneous, or sometimes at all) on Apple TV and the iDevices. There is also a greater lag before episodes show up on Apple TV (I have the 3rd gen.). Sometimes episodes show up a day ore more earlier on (iDevice) than the Apple TV. And on the iPad podcaster app I sometimes have to refresh a couple of times to have all the content refresh. I have tried a lot of voodoo to help the situation, but I suspect it's not a user problem.
    01-27-2014 01:53 PM