iOS 7 For Apple TV coming?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: ios7 & Apple TV

Will apple come out with any more channels besides itunes radio

I’m sure they will over time. In the past year they’ve added 4 ESPN channels, HBO GO, Disney, Disney DX, the iTunes Radio, WSJ Live, Smithsonian Channel and Vevo just off the top of my head... It’s an area that Apple is continuing to expand...

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
It would be grate if they expanded some of the new channels into other countries. Would love to have the Disney channel in the UK

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be grate if they expanded some of the new channels into other countries. Would love to have the Disney channel in the UK

Are you able to subscribe to the Disney channel via cable/satellite in the UK? I only ask because in order to view them on the AppleTV, you have to validate your subscription via cable/satellite. In other words, you have to already pay to watch it somewhere (else) before you can watch it on the AppleTV. Same with the ESPN channels, HBO GO, etc.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
is it limited to a certain range or can it be if you & the other person's ATV is 20 miles away

I'm baffled as to why you'd even think that would be possible... Gotta be in the same room as the AppleTV... at least within wifi range... you can't play something from your phone at work to your TV at home...

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought it might be like draw something app that lets you draw something know matter where you are for the other person. I just thought you can play or show something from you ATV to your family/friends ATV as long as your both on wifi

is there a simple way to explain it in words

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't know... I was running the beta - and didn't get any indication of an update available - am trying a manual restore of the AppleTV via iTunes - and having the download time out, etc... and having to restart the download...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't know... I was running the beta - and didn't get any indication of an update available - am trying a manual restore of the AppleTV via iTunes - and having the download time out, etc... and having to restart the download...

This never did work for me... and in the process - it looks like I still have the beta on AppleTV - however - iTunes Radio is gone... I wonder if it's just me - or if Apple yanked radio from AppleTV for the time being...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This never did work for me... and in the process - it looks like I still have the beta on AppleTV - however - iTunes Radio is gone... I wonder if it's just me - or if Apple yanked radio from AppleTV for the time being...

It’s still there on the beta for me... are you sure it’s not hidden via the Parental Controls?