Weather Channel, Disney & Disney XD (requires cable provider authentication) and Vevo, Smithsonian... Weather Channel offers on-demand video, forecasts for searchable locations - even text of alerts that are active...

The first of more to come I hope...

VEVO channel now available on Apple TV in selected locations | iMore
    Apple TV adds even more channels, including Disney, Weather, Smithsonian | iMore

Apple - Apple TV - Access iTunes, Netflix, and more on your HDTV.
    Last edited by kch50428; 08-27-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: add links to blog items
    08-27-2013 10:48 AM
    You're going to make me go out an get an Apple TV, aren't you?....
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-27-2013 10:52 AM
    yep. You want one - you really, really want one... The Smithsonian looks interesting...
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-27-2013 10:55 AM
    If the NFL ever debuts a channel, I may never turn my Apple TV off again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Just_Me_D and 03_CTD like this.
    08-27-2013 11:40 AM
    If the NFL ever debuts a channel, I may never turn my Apple TV off again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    It would be interesting to see Apple bid on it when DirectTV loses its contract.
    08-27-2013 07:54 PM
    You know you want one...
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:20 PM
    It would be interesting to see Apple bid on it when DirectTV loses its contract.
    DTV's deal expires at the end of the 2014 season... but the talk in the biz is that DTV will pay whatever it has to to keep it... I heard the current deal is $1B per season... DTV is worried about what will happen to them if they lose out in the next contract bid...

Coincidentally, my DTV contract will also be up about the end of the 2014 season... If DTV loses Sunday Ticket, they will also lose 9 year customer Fausty82.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 08-29-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    08-27-2013 09:21 PM
    You know you want one...
    It is on my radar, so to speak, but as I've stated in another thread, my standalone Sony Blu-ray player has many of the same features. If it hadn't, I would probably already have an Apple TV.
    08-27-2013 09:28 PM
    It is on my radar, so to speak, but as I've stated in another thread, my standalone Sony Blu-ray player has many of the same features. If it hadn't, I would probably already have an Apple TV.
    Missing out on AirPlay, D. So freaking seamless.
    08-27-2013 09:54 PM
    Missing out on AirPlay, D. So freaking seamless.
    I forgot about AirPlay. Hmmm...lol...
    08-27-2013 09:58 PM
    Google's already made a pitch.

Good Luck
    08-27-2013 10:06 PM
    Here is an interesting column from Forbes on the latest AppleTV offerings.

AppleTV Has More Content, Now It Has To Get Good
    08-29-2013 04:27 PM
    I forgot about AirPlay. Hmmm...lol...
    AirPlay is quite nice - I stream some stuff from my iPad via AirPlay to my TV & Sound system... iHeart radio & other Talk radio via apps... love it.
    08-29-2013 04:32 PM
    Here is an interesting column from Forbes on the latest AppleTV offerings.

AppleTV Has More Content, Now It Has To Get Good
    What it really needs is to get DTV on board with the verification system... despite having DTV and the channel offerings (Disney, ESPN, HBO, etc), I cannot watch them on my AppleTV because either DTV, Apple (or both) have worked a deal to allow DTV customers to watch these channels via AppleTV with customer verification.
    08-29-2013 04:33 PM
    What it really needs is to get DTV on board with the verification system... despite having DTV and the channel offerings (Disney, ESPN, HBO, etc), I cannot watch them on my AppleTV because either DTV, Apple (or both) have worked a deal to allow DTV customers to watch these channels via AppleTV with customer verification.
    From what I understand the issue is between Directv and Disney. In the area where I live Comcast-Xfinity customers can access all of these channels on their AppleTV plus they can take full advantage of apps like WatchESPN on their iPhones/iPads.

I know nothing about the Disney Channel and HBO to GO, but the WatchESPN AppleTV channel does have decent content for those who get their TV from a non supported provider like Directv.
    08-29-2013 07:47 PM
    From what I understand the issue is between Directv and Disney. In the area where I live Comcast-Xfinity customers can access all of these channels on their AppleTV plus they can take full advantage of apps like WatchESPN on their iPhones/iPads.

I know nothing about the Disney Channel and HBO to GO, but the WatchESPN AppleTV channel does have decent content for those who get their TV from a non supported provider like Directv.
    Yeah, I posted before I read the article you posted... the issue is that the Disney/DTV agreement hasnt been renegotiated... apparently Disney doesnt renegotiate anything... so DTV is "out of bounds" until time to re-up.

That means, to watch the new Disney and Disney XD offerings on AppleTV, youll need a subscription to one of the 7 supported cable companies (which include Comcast, Cox, Charter, AT&T Verizon, Optimum and Midcontinent). Dish and DirecTV are shut out, like they were with ESPN. The reason for this is apparently that Disney-owned stations wont negotiate for app support with providers separately from their standard negotiations over programming and in the case of the satellite folks, those havent come up for a redo yet. Of course, as consumers, none of that matters to you. It just means if youre among the more than 1/4th of U.S. homes that cant get the new programming, youre reminded about how archaic these business models are.
    08-29-2013 07:56 PM
    If Apple does bid & gets it won't the post sales of the TV? Why wouldn't they?
    09-03-2013 12:23 PM
    Are there any rumors of any new channels coming to ATV
    09-23-2013 11:41 AM
    If Apple does bid & gets it won't the post sales of the TV? Why wouldn't they?
    Wouldn't it boot sales, big time

Are there any rumors of any new channels coming to ATV
    10-10-2013 02:21 PM
    Anyone hear of any new channels coming to ATV?
    11-07-2013 08:44 PM
    Anyone hear of any new channels coming to ATV?
    Not as of late.
    11-07-2013 08:59 PM
    did I hear apple allowing a SDK for the ATV to come out?
    11-07-2013 09:25 PM
    did I hear apple allowing a SDK for the ATV to come out?
    Nope
    11-07-2013 10:27 PM
    You think they will in the feature? What was that article on front of AppleTV on iMore page

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-07-2013 10:40 PM
    You think they will in the feature? What was that article on front of AppleTV on iMore page

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Do you mean the article about the Apple TV as a console article or are you speaking of another article?
    11-07-2013 10:43 PM
32 12