My airplay works fine with my iPhone and iPad when I want to stream stuff on my ATV3 but when I turn on Airplay on my Retina MacBook Pro, my computer freezes and everything locks up. I got My MacBook back in April and there should be no excuse for this. Also when I go to display and select Apple TV, it freezes up on me. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help.
    08-15-2013 12:27 PM
    My airplay works fine with my iPhone and iPad when I want to stream stuff on my ATV3 but when I turn on Airplay on my Retina MacBook Pro, my computer freezes and everything locks up. I got My MacBook back in April and there should be no excuse for this. Also when I go to display and select Apple TV, it freezes up on me. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help.
    Perhaps there’s a software conflict of some type... what apps have you installed? If you can’t sort it out, a trip to your friendly Apple Store would be in order.
    08-15-2013 01:26 PM
    There shouldn't be any software conflict. I have the latest OS on my MacBook and the latest firmware on my ATV.
    08-15-2013 02:20 PM
    I figured it out... I read somewhere that the OS has a bug where the Apple TV and MacBook cant be on the wifi network together in order to use AirPlay so, I plugged Apple TV in with an Ethernet cable and it worked like a charm!
    Fausty82 likes this.
    08-15-2013 02:34 PM
    I figured it out... I read somewhere that the OS has a bug where the Apple TV and MacBook cant be on the wifi network together in order to use AirPlay so, I plugged Apple TV in with an Ethernet cable and it worked like a charm!
    Good to know... I wasn’t aware of that restriction/issue.
    08-15-2013 02:36 PM