Airplay with Retina MacBook Pro and ATV3

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My airplay works fine with my iPhone and iPad when I want to stream stuff on my ATV3 but when I turn on Airplay on my Retina MacBook Pro, my computer freezes and everything locks up. I got My MacBook back in April and there should be no excuse for this. Also when I go to display and select Apple TV, it freezes up on me. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My airplay works fine with my iPhone and iPad when I want to stream stuff on my ATV3 but when I turn on Airplay on my Retina MacBook Pro, my computer freezes and everything locks up. I got My MacBook back in April and there should be no excuse for this. Also when I go to display and select Apple TV, it freezes up on me. Anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help.

Perhaps there’s a software conflict of some type... what apps have you installed? If you can’t sort it out, a trip to your friendly Apple Store would be in order.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out... I read somewhere that the OS has a bug where the Apple TV and MacBook cant be on the wifi network together in order to use AirPlay so, I plugged Apple TV in with an Ethernet cable and it worked like a charm!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out... I read somewhere that the OS has a bug where the Apple TV and MacBook cant be on the wifi network together in order to use AirPlay so, I plugged Apple TV in with an Ethernet cable and it worked like a charm!

Good to know... I wasn’t aware of that restriction/issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77