Rent or buy Movies from iTunes

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Just bought myself an Apple TV for my birthday! Absolutely love it. Just wondering if you guys buy or rent movies off iTunes?

Me and the girlfriend have already started a collection of movies on Apple TV

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rent or buy

Just bought myself an Apple TV for my birthday! Absolutely love it. Just wondering if you guys buy or rent movies off iTunes?

Me and the girlfriend have already started a collection of movies on Apple TV

We buy it on AppleTV if its great and we want to watch again. Otherwise, we will rent from Redbox.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

If I'm renting, I normally just do it on demand through my cable company. If I'm buying, then I'll do it through iTunes.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

I just rent, and even that is a rarity (I'm mostly streaming on Netflix). I think there's something in my upbringing that stops me from buying movies (which seems weird, since I write about movies for work).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Both I rent on iTunes sometimes on uverse but also but only buy on Apple TV mostly kids movies but I'm up to 49 currently purchased

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I have a really hard time justifying renting from iTunes for $5-6 when Redbox just costs a bit over a buck. Maybe I'm cheap.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I have a really hard time justifying renting from iTunes for $5-6 when Redbox just costs a bit over a buck. Maybe I'm cheap.

I feel the same. But I just hate standing in a line at Redbox waiting for people to hurry the F up
and make their decision.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I do both, but mostly I buy TV shows and rent movies. I love the Apple TV too it's great. Most of the rental stores have closed down here I'd rather download/stream a movie than trek to the store to rent a Blu ray.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do both. We usually rent movies for my wife and I to watch... and typically buy the kids movies for the grandkids - they usually watch them over and over and over....

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Rent off Apple TV and stream off Netflix. $5 isn't bad to rent when you don't need to go anywhere. Redbox is nice but the simplicity of Apple TV is worth it to me.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought a movie bundle from iTunes for the first time and I think I'll probably buy a few more every once in a while.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I usually rent unless it's an old favorite movie, then I'll buy. After buying a few TV seasons, I realized how poorly that fits my viewing habits, as I typically watch a show once and I'm done, but movies I can watch again and again. So I tend to stream TV shows over Netflix or Hulu.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums app

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Especially when you can get bundles on deals like they had going this week... I jumped on StarTrek... :)

I previously bought all 10 classic Star Trek movies, before the bundle. But did jump on Back to the Future & Lord of the Rings.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I previously bought all 10 classic Star Trek movies, before the bundle. But did jump on Back to the Future & Lord of the Rings.

It appears that the bundle pricing has ended... I was not able to find it in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner