Apple TV Volume Issue

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have the HDMI cable running from my new Apple TV directly to my Panasonic HDMI port.

When watching a movie, if the music volume is ok, when the characters speak, the volume is very low.
So then I have to crank up the volume to hear the characters, then crank it back down when music comes back on.

Clueless.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does your tv have Dolby sound? You'll need to find out how to adjust the enter channel volume only...

My AppleTV goes to my tv via hdmi... and optical audio out goes from the TV to an audio system... I had to do some tweaking of the center channel to get a good balance.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Does your tv have Dolby sound? You'll need to find out how to adjust the enter channel volume only...

My AppleTV goes to my tv via hdmi... and optical audio out goes from the TV to an audio system... I had to do some tweaking of the center channel to get a good balance.

Keith,
Yes the TV has Dolby & I also have a optical cable going from my TV to my receiver.
But, I'm only trying to play it through the TV, not the sound system.

So do I still need to tweak the center channel or look for something else.

You can tell by my question my knowledge is limited here.

TIA

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check the TV's audio settings and see if there's a place to set balance for a center channel vs other channels.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
After speaking with Apple, I unplugged the optical cable from my TV to my receiver.
That work.
I think my receiver is bad.
Anyway, thanks again Keith
Good Luck

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner