AppleTV and the Xbox One

arin.failing

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has any take on the new Xbox One and how it will work alongside the AppleTV. Here are my questions: with the Xbox One having only one HDMI pass-through (for understandable reasons), how will I go about saying "Xbox switch to movies", and have the Xbox One load up my 600+ digital movie collection (all of which are .m4v)? Will the AppleTV pass through the Xbox One in the same way my satellite would (and ultimately have to choose between the two)? Will I have to put them on a different external hard drive (they're currently stored on my 2TB TimeCapsule), using a different file extension, and connect to the USB 3.0 port in the back of the Xbox One?

I have finally set up my AppleTV to work in perfect harmony with the rest of my "iHome" (yeah, I'm taking that trademark, lol), so it will be upsetting to have to redo everything. If I purchase the Xbox One, I would like to be able to say "Xbox switch to movies," and have my digital library pop up.

arin.failing

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just so we're clear, I know that none of the members here are likely to have ever laid hands on the Xbox One, let alone have experience with its inner-workings, but I'm more looking for those who know how these sort of systems work (i.e. passthroughs and Xbox file extension handling). I'm a pretty hardcore Playstation fan, but Microsoft has piqued my interest in their latest game console because of the TV integration and Kinect "2.0".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro