Movie and tv show descriptions

nutflush920

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Apple TV 2's that don't show the long description for my movies or TV shows in the main window below the cover art. Both of them have the latest software and I am running the latest version of iTunes with the latest version of Lion.

What's funny is my iPad sees the long description just fine. In fact the ATV2's both show the long description if I pause a movie or show and press the up arrow twice. In iTunes, if I press the i in the description column, the long description shows up with the actors and directors.

I tried text in iTunes Description field and that shows up perfectly fine on the ATV. I tried that Apple script floating around the net to change the long description to match the description field but need it to go the other way around. I have way to many files to go back and add the description to each file considering the long description is there.

From what I read about an update on ATV, Apple supposedly fixed it to show the long description.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Gary Mazo

iMore/Mobile Nations staff
Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened last year after the software update - seems to be happening again. Let me look into this to see if I can find out anything to help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711