Any way to Run Amazon Prime Instant Videos?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As the title says, is there any way to run Amazon Prime instant videos on my Apple TV? I love this little thing, and that would only make it so much better. I've got a Netflix account and an Amazon Prime account (Kindle Fire owner and it's GREAT for shipping), but it would be nice to have both. I can get it on my DVD player, but that's in a different room from the ATV because my DVD player doesn't have wi-fi.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I could never find a way to run the Amazon videos on iPad either. It could be because it is Flash video and Apple never supported flash with iOS. I don't know if jailbreaking it would allow you to install a Flash player, but that is what you need, a Flash player (I think). :)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got a feeling that it will be difficult. It isn't the end of the world though. I do have it on my DVD player, it's just in a different room. Oh well... maybe somebody knows how to do it. Thanks for your comment!

ajrietveld

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe you can get Amazon Prime video if you jailbreak and then install xbmc on your Apple TV or iOS device. I think someone developed a plugin for xbmc to pull in the Prime instant video.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
ditto above. You'll have to jailbreak. I just went out and bought a Roku, and I have both units hooked up to my TV to get the best of both worlds. Or, just wait until Mountain Lion comes out (if you have a Mac), then you'll be able to airplay Amazon right from your Mac to the ATV.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
ditto above. You'll have to jailbreak. I just went out and bought a Roku, and I have both units hooked up to my TV to get the best of both worlds. Or, just wait until Mountain Lion comes out (if you have a Mac), then you'll be able to airplay Amazon right from your Mac to the ATV.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. Pretty sure the wife would kill me if I went out and burned another $75 on a Roku. I debated on buying one of those instead of the ATV, but I really like the integration between the two.

I don't have a Mac, yet. I really want one and an iPad. But I'm thinking I'll have to sell a kidney to get both.