I have an ATV 2 ( jailbroken ) and I want to mirror the content from my Macbook Air to the ATV which is connected to a nice big TV.
    I subscribe to a service which provides live TV from many countries and I want to view it on the TV screen.
    Of course, I can use a HDMI cable but I prefer to do it wirelessly. That's the only real reason I bought the ATV 2.
    I have no wish to listen to Itunes content via ATV which is seemingly, the only thing the ATV wants to allow me to do.
    NOR do I wish to view movies.
    How can it be done ?
    Hope someone can help.
    -keevill-
    01-03-2012 04:59 PM
    Well, AirPlay was only ever intended to work for Apple content really... if you're looking to mirror content other then stuff from Apple, you would need to look at 3rd party options like MacAirVideo Client or AirServer, AirFlick.

But, without knowing what service exactly, you're using and how it works exactly -- it's hard to say which one of those offerings would be best suited for your needs as they all work in different ways.
    01-04-2012 06:04 PM
    actually, the main content which I want to stream is live TV broadcast out of the UK via a VPN link.
    BBC TV and other such content which comes onto my Mac Monitor.
    I looked at Airflick but that is requires pasting a URL into the app which I cannot do in this case.
    Basically, I want to achieve wirelessly what I can do using a HDMI cable from Macbook to Television.
    -keevill-
    01-04-2012 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD