Is Apple TV the only way?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I have a Samsung smart TV. It has all the streaming movie options built in, like Netflix and Hulu. I tried to plug my iphone into the tv using the standard USB cable and the tv recognized the Iphone. But when I went to play movies, it said I didnt have any to play when I actually have about 12. I was able to view my pictures though.

So, do you guys know if I need apple Tv to play my movies from my IPhone? Or am I missing a setting?

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
To play movies, I suggest the dock connector to component cable, about $45-50 at apple store. Then just play on phone, it'll show up on the tv.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Netomat

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
yea but for the dock>component you will obviously need to be plugged in. You can bring the cable on the road with you and if you have a component hookup in your car you could make use of it there.... on the other hand.....

With the apple TV for $50 more you can just airplay your music and movies right to it. Not to mention all the other stuff you can do with it.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
yea but for the dock>component you will obviously need to be plugged in. You can bring the cable on the road with you and if you have a component hookup in your car you could make use of it there.... on the other hand.....

With the apple TV for $50 more you can just airplay your music and movies right to it. Not to mention all the other stuff you can do with it.

With Apple TV I could play the movies straight from Itunes, right? Wouldnt even need the Iphone?

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Play movies from your iPhone by using AirPlay. If your on the same wifi network, all you gotta do is click the tv icon in lower right corner and select Apple TV. Also, if you have iTunes open on your computer then you can play anything you want. As long as you have home sharing on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox