Does the AppleTV have DLNA?

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I recently got an ipad2, and would love to connect it to my HDTV. (I assume that the Apple HDMI connector is the cheapest and easiest way btw?)

Since the iPad can connect wirelessly to an Apple TV, Ive thought about getting one of those, esp since I could also use it to stream some of the movies Ive saved on my PC, and the Apple TV is one of the cheapest streaming options.

BUT... I would also love to connect my Android tablet and Android phones to the TV wirelessly. Could I use the ATV for that? For example if it was jailbroken? Both of my phones and tablets have built in DLNA, but I'm not sure whether the ATV has that, or if it uses another method to connect to the ipad?

Thanks!

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Threre are Andoid applicatin with DLNA support which allows to send videos to DLNA devices. You can find them by writing DLNA in Google Play.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I do believe there are apps in the Play store that stream to AirPlay devices like Apple TV, tho I can't remember the names off the top of my head. A Google search should turn up some results.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest picking an ecosystem and sticking with it. Getting all Android products allows them to all work together as designed

Getting all Apple products; Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Mac, allows all of them to work together perfectly, as designed. Apple uses iCloud and AirPlay to allow all their devices to interact seamlessly.

These technologies are all meant to work together with what they are designed for. I understand your desire to have the best technology with the iPad, but sticking with a PC and Android will definitely cause issues when trying to use the 2 platforms in conjunction.

Thomas Terkelsen

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is how to get Dlna on a jailbroken Apple TV2 - Install xbmc, goto settings->service UPnP and activate :) when xbmc is running on the apple TV2 you have an active dlna receiver on the apple tv2.. :cool:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods