So I brought my apple tv over to my buddy's house hooked up my apple tv so show him all the stuff he could do with his 4S. It worked for the photo showing and mirroring but I couldn't get into control any thing like Netflix. My girlfriends iPhone works with it and she has her own apple id. I just can't remember how to make it work. Thanks guys.
    10-16-2011 09:58 PM
    If it's working with mirroring you should be able to just then open netflix (or any app for that matter) and watch it wirelessly on your apple tv. However, if you do not have mirroring on then while using the netflix app there should be an icon on the bottom right of the play pause area with a triangle. Press that and it should start to stream onto the apple tv
    10-18-2011 11:12 AM
    I see what you are saying i could just do that, but what i want is the get all the remote access on his phone. Do I have to put my appleid on his phone temporaraily? Or like if I got a new phone with a new id and wanted to link it to my apple tv as a remote, how would i do that?
    10-22-2011 07:11 PM
    Are you maybe talking about the app Remote?
    10-22-2011 07:35 PM
    we have the remote app on both phones lol oh well not a big deal
    10-23-2011 09:52 PM
    Remember when you airplay or mirror both devices need to be on the same wifi and have homesharing turned on with the SAME account.
    11-17-2011 08:34 AM
    Thanks. After I put my account on his phone in the remote app it worked fine. Now he wants to get one bad. LOL but i told him he maybe should wait for an apple tv 3.
    12-26-2011 01:30 PM
    Mirror does not work for all apps. For example TV.com, I was thinking of getting rid of cable I I could get that app to work
    12-27-2011 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD