Apple TV2 or Playstation 3

Ken Esclito

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok can I get some opinions here. Apple TV or PS3 which should I get? I'm a major baseball so my main reason for getting either is for the MLB.TV (watching now on my iPad) both have. also both have Netflix (I watch on my Wii)
I dont have a Bluray player so one point toward the PS3. Also I saw a rumor about a Apple TV 3 possible 1080p. Im not sure what to get

javierE186

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I say PS3 on the fact that is can play games (such as MLB The Show 11, awesome game xD) and like you said it supports Blu-ray, and Netflix and MLB work on it pretty well. As for the 1080p I heard the same rumor guess you need t wait and see (it probably will due to a new or the same processor as the iPad 2 has) and I know somethings on Netflix are in 1080p and the PS3 support 1080p video as for MLB TV I am not sure if it is 1080 or 720, It says HD but not which. Hope I helped.

Reactions: Ken Esclito

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Nowhere in your post do you mention liking playing games, so I recommend saving the money and buying Atv. On the other hand, if you like playing games, the ps3 is pretty sweet. The Netflix app on apple tv is much slicker, and the movie rentals work best on apple tv too. The download speed from Sony has always been awfully slow for me by comparison, so I only use the ps3 for bluray and games.

Ken Esclito

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys! yes you're right im not a big gamer so I guess the ATV would be best. What would a upgrade in Chip do for the ATV quicker app launch? faster download speed?

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I'm not really sure. It seems to do everything right now at a pretty good clip. There has been talk of an eventual app store on ATV, but I have no idea if this is based on anything but rumors. I'm curious to see what iOS 5 brings new to ATV, if anything.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
If it is between those two, get a PS3 and then you can play games and blu-ray dvd's. I bought an AppleTV because I am not playing games as much these days and already have a blu-ray player. I might still end up getting a PS3 or the next generation game console to play games.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods