Apple TV & Airport Express

dmndxlife

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking into getting apple tv, and was wondering can I use it to play the sound through my airport express which is connected to my stereo?

As I haven't got my tv connected to my stereo, the sound would be a lot better this way!

Thanks

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately you can't play sound from the Apple TV to the A.E., But you can stream music from your computer to the Apple Tv and the A.E. at the same time using the multiple speaker functionality in iTunes. When it comes to Video, iTunes will not allow you to use the multiple speaker functionality for the sound, it will only let you stream the video+sound to an Apple TV. The Apple TV actually doesn't even allow you to choose the A.E. as an output source. So what I do myself is this, my plasma has an 3.5mm headphone out jack and I just use my kick ass computer speakers with my TV. If your TV has the same jack and your stereo has a AUX in, you can just buy an Auxiliary cable. OR, if your stereo supports optical audio you can just buy an optical cable and connect that to your Apple TV. Hope this helps

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I have my plans together for this.
I currently have Apple TV in my living room and an airport express awaiting to be unpacked when my extension is complete.

I plan to attach the airport express to an amplifier in my new kitchen diner and thus be able to connect to itunes from either the living room or the kitchen.

My Iphone and laptop will operate the airport express.

Mostly the music will be in one room or the other, not both, but how difficult will it be to get the both of them playing the same playlist?

Oh and one other thing, is there a simple dock that will connect my iphone or ipod to the the amplifier in case i want to simply play music without the wireless connectivity

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods