New features in iOS 5 for ATV?

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I know iOS 5 beta 3 was released today and I'm not a developer so I don't have access to the betas. Just kind of wondering what's new because I haven't really heard/read anything because most of the hype is focused on iOS 5 for iPhone and iPad.

irawkmac

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I would LOVE if they would release the App Store for the AppleTV. They have to be working on it right? I mean there are t.v.'s that come stock with their own App Stores now. Hopefully Apple isn't' planning on releasing that new AppleTV(An actual t.v.) and killing off the AppleTV line. I love my AppleTV.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Any update on what might be coming to Apple TV. I have one now, and, quite frankly, I'm a little letdown by it. It's little more than a netflix box at the moment, and my PS3 does that too. Anything to look forward to, or should I throw it in a box with my Newton?

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
^what he said! All im using it for is netflix. wish there was an app store for atv2

Same. I originally got it for Netflix, but my PS3 does Netflix, my iPhone and iPad do Netflix, and my Xbox360 does Netflix. I think my toilet is about to get upgraded to Netflix. Time to step up the functionality a bunch to compete.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see app store but more importantly NHL access because I use it to watch MLB.TV and will use it for NBA.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I mostly use mine for Netflix and AirPlay, isn't AirPlay getting more advanced in iOS 5? Like being able to AirPlay games from the iPad and basically just using the iPad as a controller?

caleb22

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Now that we know the October 4th conference is to talk specifically about iPhone, does that mean we will not see an apple tv 3 for some time? I want to get one badly but not if there is a new one around the bend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner