How to find UUID of Apple TV 2 using Windows?

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how I can find the UUID of my ATV2 using Windows? Decided to flash iOS 5 on my ATV2 last night without reading the associated installation PDF that Apple has stating you need to register it. Never had to do that before and I am without a Mac at the present time.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a developer account? Because you can't use iOS 5 unless you register your UDID. Otherwise you can revert back to 4.3.

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes I do thus the reason why I am wanting to know how to pull the UUID off it via Windows so I can register the ATV2 to my account. And I won't have a replacement MacBook for another 2 weeks so I am unable to pull from Xcode.

Last edited:

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
plug your atv2 into itunes and then when itunes recognizes it, it should give you the serial number at the top. click on the serial number and it should give you the UDID.

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
That doesn't work. In iTunes, at least Windows version, with the ATV2 plugged in it just shows the name and that is all. Just tried with my wife's PC running iTunes 10.2. Looks like I'm stuck until I get my new MacBook.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If I were in the same predicament I would give Apple a call and tell them you're a developer and you just need to know where to locate it so you can make it functional again.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to register for Apple TV. It will give you a pop-up on installation warning "Certain Features Might Not Work if You Are Not Registered" - you can just skip it and your ATV will activate and all features will be present.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner