Any word on when/if ATV2 will get Hulu? The biggest issue I see with ATV2 right now is lack of content. Having Hulu would be a big step forward.
    03-15-2011 10:29 AM
    Any word on when/if ATV2 will get Hulu? The biggest issue I see with ATV2 right now is lack of content. Having Hulu would be a big step forward.
    I don't see that happening... Apple is trying to rent TV shows... Hulu is giving them away... what's the upside for ATV? At least with things like NETFLIX, MLB.TV AND NBA , there are revenue streams that Apple can take a cut of...
    03-15-2011 12:51 PM
    I don't see that happening... Apple is trying to rent TV shows... Hulu is giving them away... what's the upside for ATV? At least with things like NETFLIX, MLB.TV AND NBA , there are revenue streams that Apple can take a cut of...
    Does Apple get revenue from Netflix? If so, couldn't they get revenue from Hulu as well? I pay a fee to both Netflix and Hulu each month. Seems like if Apple is getting rev from Netflix, should be able to get it from Hulu.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 03-15-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    03-15-2011 01:30 PM
    Does Apple get revenue from Netflix? If so, couldn't they get revenue from Hulu as well? I pay a fee to both Netflix and Hulu each month. Seems like if Apple is getting rev from Netflix, should be able to get it from Hulu.
    I haven't seen the books, but I can't imagine that Jobs & Co would not shake them down for something - they're getting 30% for in-app purchases... but I also thought Hulu was shying away from anything "big screen" and concentrating on computers, mobile devices, etc...

I could be wrong... it's happened before...
    03-15-2011 03:37 PM
    In order to have access to Hulu content on iPhones/Ipads currently you need to subscribe to Hulu+ which is a monthly subscription service like NetFlix. Apple should be able to get a cut of the Hulu monthly subscription price just like they probably do with NetFlix for having Hulu on ATV2. I don't think that is the issue. I could be wrong...
    03-15-2011 03:46 PM
    I haven't seen the books, but I can't imagine that Jobs & Co would not shake them down for something - they're getting 30% for in-app purchases... but I also thought Hulu was shying away from anything "big screen" and concentrating on computers, mobile devices, etc...

I could be wrong... it's happened before...
    Hulu is on the Roku box, almost the same thing as the ATV
    03-16-2011 02:31 PM
    In another thread this was posted. I did test it and it works:
    I lucked upon a way to play Hulu Plus from my iPad to my Apple TV. I can launch Flixster, start watching a trailer, hit the Home button, launch Hulu Plus and pick a show to watch and it plays on my Apple TV. This didn't work trying my Videos app first. So far it only works by launching Flixster, watching a trailer, then going to Hulu Plus. Seems to stay connected until I completely close Flixster or Hulu Plus.
    03-17-2011 01:07 PM
    Well, hulu might can't be official on Apple TV 2, but you can get it to through some methods to Watch Hulu on Apple TV 2, here is the tips: How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV 2
    03-22-2011 12:05 AM
    I don't see it happening. "conflict of interest"
    03-22-2011 01:05 AM
    I can watch hulu on my ps3. That is I could before the psn went down lol.
    05-15-2011 04:34 AM
    In another thread this was posted. I did test it and it works:
    I lucked upon a way to play Hulu Plus from my iPad to my Apple TV. I can launch Flixster, start watching a trailer, hit the Home button, launch Hulu Plus and pick a show to watch and it plays on my Apple TV. This didn't work trying my Videos app first. So far it only works by launching Flixster, watching a trailer, then going to Hulu Plus. Seems to stay connected until I completely close Flixster or Hulu Plus.
    Neat little trick, will have to test later today!! Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    05-15-2011 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD