Jailbreaking

SC36DC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I will be getting an Apple TV on Tuesday, and I can't wait! I will be IMMEDIATELY Jailbreaking it for XBMC. I have been watching quite a few videos and YouTube and it is all so very cool. I already have a Jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPad, and I already installed 'AirVideoEnabler' on both, can't wait to try this out as well. :)

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
XMBC is cool and everything but it's kinda laggy and it's unresponsive at times...I've jailbroken mine about 4 times and had XMBC on it each time. I could tell it slowed down my ATV2, also once you jailbreak it and try to use the normal features it's not nearly as snappy. So as of now I'm running it stock...not gonna jailbreak again until something awesome comes out.

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any of that. XBMC isn't totally stable but its been working pretty well for me. I've had to restart it twice in the last 3 weeks I've had it installed. Using it nightly to watch TV shows located on a external HD downstairs.

Reactions: SC36DC

SC36DC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my Apple TV yesterday, haven't even opened it yet. After all the iPad 2 hype and news that will come later today, I will plug it in and proceed to Jailbreak the hell out of it! ... LOL.

I can't wait! (For both the iPad 2 news and to get my ATV sorted out!)

SC36DC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Umm I may be a little slow but - by jailbreaking do you mean there is a way to get free vids ? could this help me in Australia?

If by "free vids" you mean somehow getting any of the movie rentals from iTunes for free, then the answer is no.

By "jailbreaking" your Apple TV, just like with the other "i" devices, you will be able to install 3rd party software, such as the reason why I was so excited to buy and jailbreak an Apple TV to begin with, XBMC!

I've went ahead and jailbroke my ATV, and unlike what someone posted, I am not experiencing any lag whatsoever, the whole thing is running very smooth, I really couldn't be happier. I love it!

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke for XBMC...but in reality it's just the Hulu plugin that I use. I'm torn over whether or not I should update to iOS 4.3 and lose the jailbreak. I want to Airplay from any app on my new iPad 2...but I also want Hulu!

danwalk201

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What exactly is the "streaming movies issue"?

the issues where it takes hours to stream an HD movie. i know its fine for some people but its not for me, and also will it enable to me to rent TV Shows because as i'm in the UK we dont get those :(.

I can stream full 1080p movies from my XBOX so i know its not my connection, and i have tried the DNS thing but still no luck?

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i'm not positive but i didn't think apple tv could do more then 720p video. if it's doing 1080p it's probably taking forever cause it's transcoding the video which would take a very long time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal