Is there an easy and economical way to connect the 2nd gen Apple TV to a non-HDMI input TV?
    01-24-2011 12:17 PM
    Depends. What connecters do you have on your TV? if you have DVI (the white rectangle port) there are HDMI > DVI converters that you can use.
    01-24-2011 12:40 PM
    Thanks for the response...

I have a Sony DVI and RCA Component video connections open. If I use, DVI.. I would have to figure out how to get the audio
    01-24-2011 12:47 PM
    Thanks for the response...

I have a Sony DVI and RCA Component video connections open. If I use, DVI.. I would have to figure out how to get the audio
    Since DVI doesn't carry audio, one would think that the converter would have an option for that - either an RCA or mini phone plug for the audio out...

But is the DVI port DVI-A (analog) or DVI-D (digital)? It will matter for whether or not it works and for how expensive the adapter will be... HDMI is digital, so HDMI to DVI-D should be simple and relatively inexpensive. HDMI to DVI-A has to actually convert the signal to analog, and the extra circuitry to do that will make the adapter more expensive...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 01-24-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    rum_it likes this.
    01-24-2011 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD