Recently my Apple Tv came in yesterday via MacConnection.
    So far I'm finding it useless and I thought Pandora was built into it (What a fail)
    Can someone tell me how the Apple Tv will be useful?
    12-18-2010 02:59 PM
    I'm guessing the key to a successful product purchase is to actually read about the product... and then purchase it if it matches your needs.

Funny how many times people don't do that and then end up disappointed with their purchase decision.
    JasonG likes this.
    12-18-2010 05:34 PM
    I'm guessing the key to a successful product purchase is to actually read about the product... and then purchase it if it matches your needs.

Funny how many times people don't do that and then end up disappointed with their purchase decision.
    Yeah I know I should of done that. I can say the same for the time capsule I bought and 2 days later sent back.
    12-18-2010 07:28 PM
    For the most part if you are not in need of a device to stream Netflix and you do not purchase movies/tv shows on iTunes it is not very useful. I needed a Netflix streaming device and it does a great job of that. I am hoping there will be additional functionality down the road.
    12-18-2010 10:11 PM
    I use Netflix, TV shows, movies, streaming from my iTunes on my desktop and my wife's desktop, and listen radio stations under the Internet section. It doesn't have Pandora, but I've found that the Internet radio has ample options for music genre.

We sat down as a family the other night and looked at pictures we haven't looked at in numerous years while listening to music from my desktop. The slideshow feature really seems to upscale video as well as pics. I know some of the pics were going on 10 years old and the cameras we had then had very low resolution. They looked great on my 55" LCD.

I think it's got a lot of potential, especially for $99.
    12-19-2010 01:07 AM
    I use Netflix, TV shows, movies, streaming from my iTunes on my desktop and my wife's desktop, and listen radio stations under the Internet section. It doesn't have Pandora, but I've found that the Internet radio has ample options for music genre.

We sat down as a family the other night and looked at pictures we haven't looked at in numerous years while listening to music from my desktop. The slideshow feature really seems to upscale video as well as pics. I know some of the pics were going on 10 years old and the cameras we had then had very low resolution. They looked great on my 55" LCD.

I think it's got a lot of potential, especially for $99.
    another problem I had with viewing videos on a flat screen tv is the fact that the quality is poor. Whether I use airplay from my iPad or homesharing. The videos I recorded are poor. How would get a better picture out of it?
    12-19-2010 10:51 AM
    another problem I had with viewing videos on a flat screen tv is the fact that the quality is poor. Whether I use airplay from my iPad or homesharing. The videos I recorded are poor. How would get a better picture out of it?
    I'm not sure of any settings to make it better. I have been impressed with the quality of the movies/TV shows that I have in iTunes. They are all standard definition and look almost HD quality on my HD sets. Even movies i've encoded from DVD for my iPad look good on my 55". Granted those are not quite as good as the HD or SD movies/TV shows in iTunes. But, good enough that I can't stand to watch them. I have a very strong network in my house (all wired). I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    12-19-2010 03:41 PM
    I'm not sure of any settings to make it better. I have been impressed with the quality of the movies/TV shows that I have in iTunes. They are all standard definition and look almost HD quality on my HD sets. Even movies i've encoded from DVD for my iPad look good on my 55". Granted those are not quite as good as the HD or SD movies/TV shows in iTunes. But, good enough that I can't stand to watch them. I have a very strong network in my house (all wired). I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
    at my fathers shop we have a belkin router and I have my mac and iPad connected to it. I mean the quality was very poor when I selected airplay on an music video my iPad iPod app. shouldn't it be good quality?
    12-19-2010 05:04 PM
    Recently my Apple Tv came in yesterday via MacConnection.
    So far I'm finding it useless and I thought Pandora was built into it (What a fail)
    Can someone tell me how the Apple Tv will be useful?
    Read The Fabulous Manual. Works for millions every day.
    12-20-2010 12:09 AM
    Read The Fabulous Manual. Works for millions every day.
    alright I'll do that
    12-20-2010 01:30 AM
    the netflix is what im using it for right now. the jailbreak possibilities is why i really got it though
    01-04-2011 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD