How Does Apple TV compare to Roku?

goathog02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. Based on reviews from Engadget, the roku is superior. But keeping the tv box the same as my iPad and iPhone has it's advantages.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
If you have an iPhone (iTunes etc), Apple TV will turn out to be superior; if not then probably Roku.

With Apple TV you can take advantage of AirPlay, Remote Apple App and other functionality that the Roku player could not compete with.

emtp563

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have both and use both. I like the Roku mainly to listen to Pandora and some of the other channels. I use Apple TV for everything else. I especially like the ability to view and listen to my iTunes content on my tv. Also, Airplay has some great potential and controlling the ATV with the remote app on my iPad is definitely an added bonus. If you told me I had to choose between the two, I'd have to go with the Apple TV. Oh yeah, the new ATV has wireless-n, my standard base-model Roku does not. You can only get wireless-n on the Roku if you pay extra for the most expensive version. I'll be converting my entire wireless network to wireless-n by the end of this week, so the Roku will probably go in the drawer after that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2