Netflix and HDCP problem

knitz

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I think the Apple TV is adorable and I love the way it works for everything EXCEPT Netflix.

All I can get with Netflix or any rental is "device is not HDCP compliant..."

Yes, my HD Sony is six years old but Sony says it is HDCP compliant (what version - who knows? The Apple TV specs do not say what HDCP version is required.)

Purchased new HDMI cables - a Belkin from the Apple store as well as one on Amazon that several people on the Apple forum had luck with...no luck here.

Tried switching direction on the cables (it is running directly from the TV to the AppleTV). Tried running it through a switch that is HDCP compliant - no change.

Tried unplugging and replugging all the parts...tried resetting and restoring...no change.

Netflix is fine on every other device in the house - love using the ipad as my walk-around TV, but I would really like it on the big screen and I assume I would have the same problem if I switched from the Apple TV to a macmini.

Any suggestions?

KappNeffect

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
"HDCP stands for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection scheme to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source to the display. "

It's not Netflix...it's your TV. Might be due for an upgrade. :D

knitz

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
took me minute to figure out the POS part....actually is a terrific 42" HD flat screen that works perfectly and (according to Sony) is HDCP compliant...but like I said, we don't know if apple is requiring a specific version of HDCP

gold9877

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I like it!

Come on,I like it!
346b84bd130c22c01383b95e6b9456be.jpg
wow gold buy wow gold cheap wow gold

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads