Problem with home sharing

fopa138

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I ve been having a problem with my apple tv home sharing with my mac. The setting on my mac and apple tv are both on, but the apple tv wont connect. I have the latest itunes, no firewall..This happens every time I want to use my apple tv after its been sleeping for a while.. The way I get it to work is i turn off home sharing on my mac, then turn on. Apple tv then connects. I really dont think i need to do this every time i want to watch apple tv...

Anyone else with similar issues..

Gorflin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re Home Sharing

I have exactly the same problem, my Apple TV and iPad both lose connection with my Windows iTunes library. My iPad still connects to my TV though.

mfares

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue befor and I fix it by removing the security on your wireless router .. mine was security enabled wireless network but when i remove it so far it never disconnect for weeks now and my itunes library I share are 1+ TB

I hope this help

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue befor and I fix it by removing the security on your wireless router .. mine was security enabled wireless network but when i remove it so far it never disconnect for weeks now and my itunes library I share are 1+ TB

I hope this help

Removing the security on your wireless router is a really bad idea. There must be a better way.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Removing the security on your wireless router is a really bad idea. There must be a better way.

I agree the whole idea of the router is so the connection is more secure. I think the OP said no firewall meaning there is no router? I'm not sure. OP try resetting your router? how close is your router to your devices? PM me if you want I had a problem with the proximity of my router and my iDevices.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
okay, i just fixed my home sharing / remote app issues with my Windows-based iTunes share.

I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Go to the Windows/Start Menu, type "Windows Firewall With Advanced Security" into the search box. Launch that app.

On the resulting window, click on "Inbound Rules" in the left sidebar, then in the center area look for the entries titled "Bonjour Services". Double click on each of them and in the resulting windows click on the Advanced tabs.

From there, there are 3 checkboxes. Domain, Private and Public. Make sure Private is checked in both windows. Click apply.

Doing this made all of my iDevices remote apps immediately see my Windows7 iTunes library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2