Problems with homesharing

bigg22

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble with the homesharing between my Windows Desktop, and my iPad and Apple TV. I enable homesharing on my Apple TV and my Desktop, as well as enable homesharing on the iPad using the Remote App. My iPad and Apple TV work together, but neither of them can link up with the desktop computer.

I have tried all the basic troubleshooting, like firewall setup and ip addresses. The only thing that I can think of is that the iPad and Apple TV connect to my router through WiFi and the desktop is connected by Ethernet cable.

Anyone have any suggestions, as to what I can try? Do all three devices have to be connecting to the router through WiFi?

Thanks

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am having trouble with the homesharing between my Windows Desktop, and my iPad and Apple TV. I enable homesharing on my Apple TV and my Desktop, as well as enable homesharing on the iPad using the Remote App. My iPad and Apple TV work together, but neither of them can link up with the desktop computer.

I have tried all the basic troubleshooting, like firewall setup and ip addresses. The only thing that I can think of is that the iPad and Apple TV connect to my router through WiFi and the desktop is connected by Ethernet cable.

Anyone have any suggestions, as to what I can try? Do all three devices have to be connecting to the router through WiFi?

Thanks

I have been having the same issues for the past few weeks. iTunes running on a Windows Desktop connected to an Apple Airport Extreme N via ethernet, iPhone and iPad connecting to the Extreme via Wifi. What is worse is that not only does Home Sharing get flakey, so does the passcode based connection.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
okay, i just fixed my home sharing / remote app issues with my Windows-based iTunes share.

I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Go to the Windows/Start Menu, type "Windows Firewall With Advanced Security" into the search box. Launch that app.

On the resulting window, click on "Inbound Rules" in the left sidebar, then in the center area look for the entries titled "Bonjour Services". Double click on each of them and in the resulting windows click on the Advanced tabs.

From there, there are 3 checkboxes. Domain, Private and Public. Make sure Private is checked in both windows. Click apply.

Doing this made all of my iDevices remote apps immediately see my Windows7 iTunes library.

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
okay, i just fixed my home sharing / remote app issues with my Windows-based iTunes share.

I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Go to the Windows/Start Menu, type "Windows Firewall With Advanced Security" into the search box. Launch that app.

On the resulting window, click on "Inbound Rules" in the left sidebar, then in the center area look for the entries titled "Bonjour Services". Double click on each of them and in the resulting windows click on the Advanced tabs.

From there, there are 3 checkboxes. Domain, Private and Public. Make sure Private is checked in both windows. Click apply.

Doing this made all of my iDevices remote apps immediately see my Windows7 iTunes library.

Hello.
I just joined the forum to post my problem related to the same application.
Am using Windows XP desktop which is connected to router with Ethernet and my iPhone 4 uses the Wi-Fi.
Got latest version of iTunes.
Latest version of Remote.app
iPhone OS 4.3.3, not 4.3.5

I followed this guide to implement the inbound settings since it isn't available on Windows XP the way it is available on Windows 7:-
Code:
 no-ip . com/support/guides/routers/configuring_windows_xp_firewall.html
The port number i entered for TCP is 3689 and named it as bounjourport(the name shouldn't matter).

And am still unable to locate my iPhone in iTunes. Actually there isn't any "Devices" list present on iTunes. Please help!!
Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro