If the TV and Movie studios won't provide Apple with good content (TV show rental selection is a joke right now) then Apple needs to somehow bring some exclusive content themselves.

How about some live Concert or Sports events -- stuff even cable can't provide.

How about all the TV and Movie content that doesn't make it to the big screen or broadcast networks.

We need the Apple channel with content ONLY available on ATV (2010).
    10-05-2010 08:47 PM
    I don't think you will see Apple get into the content business!
    10-06-2010 02:05 AM
    Hey, they have 40 billion in the bank. Get Joss Whedon and a few others together and fill up the vault with Dr. Horrible-like exclusives. Pay content creators directly and cut out studios.
    10-06-2010 07:29 AM
    I don't think you will see Apple get into the content business!
    No, that is not what I meant.

Maybe more like the App store, a curated selection of content where content providers sell directly to ATV customers and Apple gets a small cut.

Like Rene said, Apple could also fund some content providers to bring some "special" content to the ATV.
    10-06-2010 09:39 AM
    Airplay in November is something that I don't think anyone else has. Of course it only works if you have an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad but most all ATV purchasers will own at least one of those.

That is the only reason I'm getting one.
    10-10-2010 11:17 PM
    it will be more popular if this kind of wish come true.
    10-11-2010 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD