Apple TV (2010) give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodefect

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Currently I am using an Apple TV v1 loaded up with Boxee as my home media center. While Boxee makes the old Apple TV a useable product the performance just isn't there.

I have a library of videos that play well with Boxee and the apps available make lots of on-line content easily watchable. However I miss out on live broadcasts and Boxee struggles to keep up with most HD content.

Now that Apple has revamped their product I am excited to try it against the likes of the Boxee Box and even maybe a Roku. With news of a successful jailbreak already rolling in I see the Apple TV v2 as a great platform not only for Netflix and local media, but a plethora of on-line content if iOS/Jailbreak apps are made available.

It's time to, "Cut the cord" when it comes to Cable companies and Apple is poised to play a big part in this.

vclawson

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I need it because I cut the cable several months ago. I watch only hulu and netflix from my laptop connected to my tv. I really need Apple TV to be able to watch these without having to connect my laptop. I love my iPhone and will love my new Apple TV.

prenoobster

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i have tried netflix mail service in the past but streaming is new to me and really like the idea of having movie night with the family every week on the apple tv instead of using red box or blockbuster ;)

jmleib

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
AppleTV or XBOX360?

I love streaming Netflix to my XBOX360 in the basement, but need something for the living room, the AppleTV is the perfect living room device!

Kyle Thomas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I want an Apple TV because I think it would bring my family together in a weird kinda way. It is something that we can all share and enjoy. :)

Thanks to the TiPb team for their generosity. They will make someone very happy.

Last edited:

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
AppleTV please bless thee!

AirPlay & NetFlix are the two main reasons going on here.

We have some iPod Touches, a MacBook Pro, and an iMac in the house, as well as being NetFlix subscribers. NetFlix streaming will go great for "date night" where we can cozy up on the couch with the dog and cat, make some fresh popcorn, and enjoy a movie or three!

But then AirPlay provides even more benefits. Optical Audio for our iTunes music, regardless of source. Video for our computer media files. But what turns out great, is the potential for the home business. We have to train people in the house. Having the ability to play these videos on a tv, out of the way, and easier controls that swapping between multiple DVDs should be a great boon to productivity. Plus I can't tell you how many times we start a training session and find out the dog got to one of the DVDs.

Thankfully, the pets have an aversion to power cords, so we hope to make the Apple TV a happy addition to our home!

mltownsend

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Netflix for sure

Been waiting for a good Netflix device that also lets me stream my iTunes music. Seeing Pandora as a future option would be a great idea also.

likethejeans

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh baby you know I love you!

I need it to go along with my iPad which I nurture, teach, feed, burp and change! Apple TV can expect the same loving care!

Johnnytk36#IM

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I want to win because I'm currently sharing my xbox 360, which i use to play games on with the whole family as it's the only device we have in the house to stream media to the TV.

It's usually not a problem, but a lot of great games have come out lately and I would like to play them when other people in the house are watching TV. I shouldn't have ever set up and taught them how to use the 360 for Netflix and media center streaming.

mbassett73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes please

I've been an Apple fanatic since I bought my first iPhone in January. I' don't own a Mac, but I would love to own an Apple TV. Just the thought of being able to stream music and movies from iTunes and control them with my iPhone..it's just incredible! Add on Netflix and I'd be in heaven. My 2 year old son would thank you too as he loves to play with my iPhone. Thanks for the opportunity to win this awesome device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods