Without it, I will lose my iChair in our local chapter of the iRly Adopters! And Netflix!!
    10-01-2010 03:23 PM
    This is a difficult question to answer: Why an Apple TV?

To some it may seem insane, but to me it is a matter of practicality. I don't have cable or a dish TV. But I do have high speed internet. So Apple TV would be a very intriguing way to watch my TV shows.
    I NEED this so I can use AirPlay with my iPad to stream HD content to my HDTV. Thanks!! I LOVE TiPb!!!
    While I am a Apple newbie, I have grown to love the products. I now understand why people raved about everything Apple. I now have an iPod Touch and a Mac. I would have an iPhone if Verizon ever started carrying them, but that's another topic.

I'd love to win the Apple TV giveaway because I'd love to use the product with my Mac and iPod. I'd also love to see all that it could do.
    I need it because I am a huge iOS/Apple junkie, to the point that I desperately want every Apple product announced. ((I even want the Apple battery charger it's that bad!)) Each Apple Keynote means my wife is instantly mad at me because I want to send more money to Steve Jobs. So please, help save my marriage by awarding me the new AppleTV.
    10-01-2010 03:24 PM
    U want to win it because i have no cable, and it will increase my productivity by 50%, instead of doing nothing I'm going to watch a show for $1.00 and can buy my self something to eat.
    10-01-2010 03:25 PM
    AirPlay + Netflix make this a much desired device on it's own... but I am pretty certain the future holds an official app store / method for games, etc to be played via the Apple TV... and that just makes me giddy with excitement for the new AppleTV.
    10-01-2010 03:25 PM
    I might consider giving up Dish Network if it works well.
    10-01-2010 03:26 PM
    I am a new entrant to the apple family, with an IPhone bought 2 months back. Am from India where am not sure when we will see Apple TV. So I want to enjoy as many Apple products as possible, before I go back.

And yes, need to see how Airplay experience is
    10-01-2010 03:26 PM
    I want Apple because of following reasons:

1. I do not have regular Cable connection ! I want everything ON-DEMAND. Want to entertain myself when I like to, not when Program is aired.

2. NETFLIX Streaming- for sure, its future of movie watching at home.

3. Expecting more in future - as per Apple history for other products. I believe this product is built to get updates (software) with time. so the product will evolve and new feature will be added (hopefully widgets, apps)

* There might be less content available now, but the will soon change.
    10-01-2010 03:27 PM
    I would like to have an Apple TV to give to my stepmother who was hurt on the job 4 months ago. She is unable to walk on her left foot for a long time, thus she has been unable to find a job. No Job = No Money. Her cable television through Comcast just recently got turned off b/c of the high charges and ability to not pay them.

I help her with as much as I can, while also supporting my family. She has helped My family and I so much. Without her tv, she is miserable. With no money or transportation, she is left to stay at home 24/7.

My plan is to purchase a Slingbox. In time I hope that the jailbreak community and sling media will find a way to work with Apple Tv.

Until then She would atleast be able to watch her normal shows and be happy.

Well this is my reason. Good Luck to All that Enters. :-)

-JDG
    Definitely must have the Apple TV. For the AirPlay, NetFlix, Potential jailbreak, etc.

I would love to be watching a video on my iPhone 4 walking home from classes, then when I get home push the video to my Apple TV. Very Neat.

Plus I've never won any of TiPb's contests haha.
    Need it for 3 reasons: AirPlay, AirPlay and AirPlay!
    10-01-2010 03:28 PM
    I want to give one to my Mom/Dad so I can walk in the house, pull out my iPhone and just start streaming my photos to their TV since their eyes can't see my little iPhone screen too well. And they really want to stream netflix too. Would be great for them! Help me hook them up! Thanks!
    10-01-2010 03:29 PM
    I want this Apple TV because of AirPlay, Netflix, and the fact that it's 'jailbreakable'. I'm a fairly new Apple fan in a two iPhone family and I really want to expand my Apple experience.
    Hey I just moved out of my moms house and am finding out how expensive it can be! I would really appreciate this tv since I wouldn't need cable at all! I think apple will revolutionize the tv industry like it did with the phone. Please help a student out. By the way your podcast is funny too!
    We've been using XBMC on 1st Gen XBOX for years (on our old, small, tube tv). Last week, my wife won and HDTV (LG, 42" LCD, 1080p). Our problem now is that the XBMC+XBOX solution isn't strong enough to play 720p content. It would be fitting to win an AppleTV, to go with the TV we won!
    ... I can use it as a hockey puck.

But before that, I will enjoy it in all its glory. And I can divorce Time Warner.
    10-01-2010 03:30 PM
    Jailbreak and netflix do I need to say anything else.
    10-01-2010 03:31 PM
    OMG i want an apple tv soooooooo bad!! I wanna try out netfilx! i swear i'm the only one that actually still goes to my local video store and rents them lol airplay would amazing! the whole Apple tv would b awesome to have!! please!!!!
    10-01-2010 03:31 PM
    we would love the Apple TV as we don't have anything like that in our house, the most up to date piece of tech is my iPhone4, purely because i had the 3g to sell to pay for it, we still have a PS2 as we are flat broke until my wife finishes uni, i'd be grateful if you would please consider us,
    10-01-2010 03:32 PM
    I want it ! I have no cable or anything right now. Just Internet so this could be very useful for me, skip the "Red Box" rentals that almost never get returned on time lol
    10-01-2010 03:34 PM
    The feature I am most interested in is AirPlay. I look forward to being able to stream media from my iPad to my TV.
    10-01-2010 03:38 PM
    Yo quiero taco bell. Of course by taco bell I mean the friggin ATV. It's my birthday Sunday so this would make for a great bday gift. So thanks TiPb.com, you're swell!!!
    10-01-2010 03:39 PM
    Well, of course I want the Apple TV for the AirPlay feature, but also because this would keep Rene from having to ship me one for Christmas :P. Hopefully, I will be able to one day stream iPad Live and iPhone live to my TV with this device. What would be better than seeing Rene with his awesome coffee cup, Chad looking off into the distance dreaming about something other than the live show, and Georgia with her comic shirt and smile!
    10-01-2010 03:39 PM
668 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD