I want to get one pretty much exclusively for the fact that I expect it will be a very short wait before we have apps in some form or another on the new AppleTV. The current core functionality is nice for those that don't already have hardware that does essentially the same thing (or more...), but the prospect that Apple will be able to position it as a home gaming console with the addition of apps and some form of controller is just too appealing to pass up on.
    10-02-2010 12:32 PM
    Apple TV will help me get rid of the monster media PC I have in my living room, clear some precious space, reduce wire clutter and make the wife happier

Thank you TiPb!
    10-02-2010 12:39 PM
    My Dad loves everything Apple and iOS, but with the recession and my siblings and I in college he has not been able to really get himself anything iOS related in a really long time. I believe that an AppleTV will be just the thing to let him know how much we appreciate him and all he's done
    10-02-2010 12:42 PM
    I'm going to be moving into my first house hopefully very soon and this would make a great house warming gift. With cable providers charging a ridiculously high rate for some unknown reason, this would be the perfect solution for someone that isn't sold on an overpriced service, someone like me! And with Airplay, I am convinced that I was meant for the Apple TV.
    10-02-2010 12:44 PM
    If I don't have it, my life will be incomplete.

-Chris
    10-02-2010 12:55 PM
    I would love to win the Apple TV so that I could then watch Netflix Canada's crappy selection on my HDTV, rather than on my Macbook. Also, if I win the Apple TV, I promise not to tattoo anything on my body.

-phil
    10-02-2010 01:07 PM
    Hi Rene,

Are you really going to read all of these messages? You should get the Apple TV!

I don't get to watch much TV because my wife watches the Food Network all the time and my wife and son have their favorite shows, Gee, Dr. Who, etc., etc.

I'm thinking, if I win the Apple TV, I can hook it up in my office, where I spend most of my time on the computer reading The iPhone Blog and now the TiPb Forum, as well as, other not as important Apple news. I have an older TV here. They would be so surprised when I tell them I watched a movie on Netflix or rented from iTunes.

So if I win it, I'll let you know if they end up stealing it and moving to the living room.

Thanks.

I enjoy reading TiPb (The iPhone Blog) and appreciate all your hard work.

Abe
    10-02-2010 01:27 PM
    I have wanted one for years but have never had the guts to shell out the money for one. Another reason is that I'd love to have another Apple product besides my iPhone 4 and my iPod.
    10-02-2010 01:45 PM
    I want all things apple! I think it's great that I can use real play and watch mynetflix on my big screen!
    10-02-2010 01:49 PM
    I want an AppleTV for the Netflix streaming. I also like the prospect of jailbreaking it as soon as possible. I think AppleTV holds a lot of potential for my living room and a free one would be fantastic.
    10-02-2010 02:11 PM
    Netflix & airplay!!!
    10-02-2010 02:18 PM
    I am all about netflix and Apple!! I need a total Apple living room
    10-02-2010 02:32 PM
    Once upon a time APPLE abducted and implanted a chip in me, leaving me with the uncontrollable need to have everything with the "forbidden fruit" logo (not just coincidence) on it. So, i'll be more than happy to have one
    10-02-2010 02:32 PM
    I currently have just about everything iOS (except the ipad). I currently have an airport express with airplay and would love to be able to add another airplay device. Something that can integrate my iTunes and Netflix while using my iPhone to control it would be awesome.
    10-02-2010 02:35 PM
    I have been using the same stereo that I bought from my first job out of college in 1992. I use an Airport express connected to the aux port of my receiver. I have 2 computers which each has an itunes library to stream to my 18 year old stereo in the family room and to 2 other airport expresses that are connected to my kids' rooms with small speakers. I stream audiobooks to each of my kids rooms when they are home from school. I control the 2 itunes library from 2 iphones in our family using the apple iphone app remote. I am using a completely Apple solution for media streaming. The Apple TV would be connected to the family room tv which is 15 years old so I can also stream netflix movies, itunes library content. Thanks.
    10-02-2010 02:36 PM
    Big Hi to TiPb for offering this opportunity,, just love the possibility to stream every which way. The more that I can show my wife what new technology can bring to our lives (she is a real movie buff), the happier she is. I like wireless (one less hole for me to drill in our ceilings or the wall). Such a nifty
    product made into a smaller footprint. Have a great day everybody!
    10-02-2010 02:45 PM
    I want the Apple TV because I've been admiring Apple products for a while and waited until developers had a solid ground for their products. Now, I'm trying to turn my life into an Apple based one. I'm currently working on switching from the BlackBerry to the iPhone 4 and already have a MacBook, iPod etc. After school, my eyes are set on the iPad and iMac.
    The Apple TV would make a great addition to my Apple family especially with the HD + streaming and Netflix perks that come with it.
    10-02-2010 03:10 PM
    I want one because I have all these papers on my TV that keep trying to fly away, and I need something to hold them down.

Oh, and for Netflix.
    10-02-2010 03:14 PM
    Gotta have one, it would be uncool to do netflix any other way
    10-02-2010 03:14 PM
    I love Apple products because Apple does the extra work required to remove all unnecessary steps. (Such as not having to click apply for every setting change to take effect.) This extra work leads to the simplicity to make their products great.

I have spent significant time this year converting my dvd collection to M4V files (Using Handbrake, MetaX, & a whole lot of image downloading), & I have nearly finished.

Quite simply with an AppleTv I would watch movies, my movies, with all the extra unnecessary steps removed.
    10-02-2010 03:30 PM
    I would love to stream to my tv!
    10-02-2010 03:42 PM
    I want it because SJ says I need it...
    Oh, also netflix.
    Dim
    10-02-2010 03:52 PM
    My family would use this as a media hub first and for most. With the economy the way it is we have gotten rid of our cable and a few other wants. This would allow us to enjoy some of those on our new budget.
    10-02-2010 03:57 PM
    ...you're giving it away and I'm obviously responding because it's free. Why should I pay $99 for a box where I have to spend $4.99 to rent a movie when I get it for $1 at RedBox. If it's really all that then I want to know why because it's certainly not for the cheap rentals.
    10-02-2010 03:58 PM
    There are no HD channels where I live. Ok, there are like 5, but thats it. I would like this so I could get better use out of my HD TV.
    10-02-2010 04:03 PM
668 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD