can we setup a vpn for the new apple tv? I live in Canada/Montreal and i have a us netflix account.... i know netflix for Canada is out but the catalogue is mediocre... Nothing compare to my us account.... I can login in my us account but can't stream... i get the famous message that i can't stream from my location thing... am sure im not the only one with this problem... can someone help??
    10-01-2010 11:03 AM
    I have a similar situation. I live in the US, but have a UK VPN, which allows me to watch BBC/ITV television content, as though I were actually in the UK. I have had to access this content through temporary connections with my MacBook and iPhone/iPad, but the ATV should be even better, as it's a dedicated connection, as long as AppleTV is configurable for VPNs.

Will we need to await a jailbreak in order to set up VPN options on ATV?
    10-01-2010 03:03 PM
    I don't think it's working yet but if the Jailbreak happens I bet we see that very soon.
    10-01-2010 05:15 PM
    yeh I hope they can make it happen with the jailbreak.... I think I'm gonna have to use my free trial for netflix Canadian version lol... just to see how it looks...
    10-01-2010 08:15 PM
    I just want to hijack this thread slightly! Was wondering which VPN you used, I live in the UK and would like to use one for accessing US content but have no idea which ones are best/trusted? Any advice would be good!

Cheers in advance!
    10-05-2010 10:42 AM
    I personally use strong VPN very reliable it works great on my pc , Macbook pro, iPad, and iphone4... check them out and see if the price fits your budget...
    10-05-2010 11:10 AM
    you should set all traffic through vpn
    I set on mac system
    07-14-2011 10:45 PM
    HI, there contact company for more information.
    07-20-2012 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD