Did you get your Apple TV yet?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Mine's not arriving until Oct. 1, but if you've gotten yours already, let me know what you think about it.

What's the quality like? Is Netflix good looking enough it won't make my HD TV cry?

sproctor61

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Still debating. I have the older one, that stores stuff. Id love to have one in my garage, as I have a 27" TV out there but it don't support HDMI. To bad there isn't a way to hook it up to a regular tv. Id buy a few if there was.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Grrr. I got the email with a tracking number... checked the tracking site and it said that it shipped on 9/27 and would arrive 9/30. Today I checked again and it said that indeed, it had shipped on 9/27 but won't arrive until 10/05. I don't understand. It is sitting in Anchorage AK (NOT Anchorage, KY) and going to Phoenix... why over a week to get to Arizona from Alaska? Grrr again.

Last edited:

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i went to the store to get mine today and they were sold out! Went to another apple store... sold out! went to three in total and they are all sold out, but i cannot wait to get my new Apple Tv, ESPECIALLY because of the new update that is gonna be coming out soon that will allow anything being played on your iphone/ipad screen to be shown on your tv =) Thats the most exciting part for me!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the FedEx site... and figured out why it's taking forever for my Apple TV to get here... it got from China to Anchorage AK in 1 day... sat in Anchorage for 2 days... and now it's in Indianapolis - a 3,000 mile detour from Anchorage to Phoenix... GRRRR a third time.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I can't wait! Im not sure what my chances are but I'm gonna try and hunt one down this weekend!

lpiphone

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Yep! Got it this morning in Apple Store in Montreal. No lineup required Easy to setup. Working great. Netflix image quality is a bit low. Interface is nice but could be much improved on the iPad side (Remote App) . Why do we have to scroll through every menu option instead of jumping straight where we want on the iPad Remote App ?? The Music interface is working awesome. Photo browsing is fast and easy.

da Schnook

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Got mine and hooked it up (wired connection) last night. Netflix works well but had trouble streaming from itunes on my new MBP(wireless). Lots of stutters on a short 25 sec clip and a Tivo'd show transfered and converted via Toast. Not completely impressed, and hope the local streaming is improved before the AirPlay is in place.

Studio15

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting ... It has been dispatched and should be here on the 4th.. Wish I hadn't ordered it online, seems I could have walked into a store and got it quicker

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting ... It has been dispatched and should be here on the 4th.. Wish I hadn't ordered it online, seems I could have walked into a store and got it quicker

I've checked with the 2 closest stores and they can't keep them in stock. Man, I wish I knew what Jobs was putting in the water to make people want everything they make so badly... :)

da Schnook

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Got mine and hooked it up (wired connection) last night. Netflix works well but had trouble streaming from itunes on my new MBP(wireless). Lots of stutters on a short 25 sec clip and a Tivo'd show transfered and converted via Toast. Not completely impressed, and hope the local streaming is improved before the AirPlay is in place.

Update: I had a router issue. It's fixed and now everything runs wonderfully. Sorry if I scared anyone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
App the Phoenix Apple stores can't keep them in stock... they're selling out within an hour of the shipment arrival...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner