I’m assuming from what I read they are still offering free ATV when you purchase an iPhone 13.

Looks like they are tipping me over the edge as the next season of there original series “SEE” is out

Decisions Decisions
    anachrotech likes this.
    09-21-2021 03:46 PM
    It’s not free if you have to buy an expensive phone.
    jos_olive likes this.
    09-21-2021 04:15 PM
    Free Apple TV+, thanks for the info op.

at the poster that is confusing a year of free Apple TV+ with a free iPhone 13.
    09-21-2021 04:39 PM
    Free Apple TV+, thanks for the info op.

“When you purchase an iPhone 13”. It’s called marketing.
    09-21-2021 05:46 PM
    at the poster that believes consumers are going to buy an iPhone 13 just for the free Apple TV plus subscription… And calling it marketing .
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    09-21-2021 05:55 PM
    at the poster that believes consumers are going to buy an iPhone 13 just for the free Apple TV plus subscription… And calling it marketing .
    What do you think marketing is? It’s a concept a young child could understand.

It was just a comment. Nothing that most adults would find offending with the need to reply the way you did.
    anachrotech likes this.
    09-21-2021 06:20 PM
    at the poster that doesn’t know what marketing is but claims children do.
    09-21-2021 06:23 PM
    Time to move along. Nothing to see here.
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-21-2021 07:44 PM

at the poster that doesn’t know what marketing is but claims children do.
    This is a bit much and uncalled for. Furthermore, TgeekB didn’t do anything to deserve this.
    anachrotech and FFR like this.
    09-21-2021 07:54 PM
    I haven’t insulted him I just parroted what he posted at me, but he did try to make a couple of disparaging remarks which was uncalled for, even though I interpreted it in a humorous manner.
    09-21-2021 08:13 PM
    I’m assuming from what I read they are still offering free ATV when you purchase an iPhone 13.

Looks like they are tipping me over the edge as the next season of there original series “SEE” is out

Decisions Decisions
    Is SEE any good? I only watched episode 1 of season 1 and was not overly excited. Does it get good/addictive, as you continue watching?
    Pls don't get me wrong, I'm all for inclusion & support of and respect for people with a handicap. But I wasn't overly keen on watching people with limited eyesight wander through the woods, as the main theme of an entertainment show.
    09-22-2021 06:46 AM
    Is SEE any good? I only watched episode 1 of season 1 and was not overly excited. Does it get good/addictive, as you continue watching?
    Pls don't get me wrong, I'm all for inclusion & support of and respect for people with a handicap. But I wasn't overly keen on watching people with limited eyesight wander through the woods, as the main theme of an entertainment show.
    “See” is an excellent show and it will draw you in, in my opinion, but not everyone will like it. I haven’t seen the second season although I was left impatiently waiting for it when Season 1 ended.

With that being said, Apple - at least in my opinion - recognized the popularity of the show and opted to wait until all of our free subscriptions ended to begin Season 2. Of course, I don’t have any proof to back my claim…
    gnirkatto and anachrotech like this.
    09-22-2021 09:14 AM
    I remember reading that people purchasing new devices will only get three free months of Apple TV+. I did some sleuthing and found this (look between the red arrows! :

Free Apple TV for a year-apple-tv-plus.jpg

Article on Apple's Site

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/?afid=p239%7C196318&cid=aos-us-aff-ir
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-22-2021 09:41 AM
    I remember reading that people purchasing new devices will only get three free months of Apple TV+. I did some sleuthing and found this (look between the red arrows! :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apple TV Plus.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	131229

Article on Apple's Site

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/?afid=p239%7C196318&cid=aos-us-aff-ir
    Yeah, it was my understanding that you only got a year with computer purchases. Then again, they seem to change it a lot so I may have lost track of the offers.
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-22-2021 01:21 PM
    First I got a few months TV+ for free then my mom got a year for free.
    Now it’s a year later and I still have free TV+. I’ve looked and looked but can’t find any way to subscribe to pay for TV+
    09-22-2021 05:00 PM
    I’m still on cable so….
    09-22-2021 06:05 PM
    I’m still on cable so….
    Never liked cable and as soon as I found out you can download movies and music and tv-shows, I started doing that.
    Now 24 years later I don’t watch mainstream tv at all.

Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and TV+ are my streaming services and everything else what’s not on there, miraculously appears in Plex after some effort.
    09-22-2021 06:26 PM
    Never liked cable and as soon as I found out you can download movies and music and tv-shows, I started doing that.
    Now 24 years later I don’t watch mainstream tv at all.

Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and TV+ are my streaming services and everything else what’s not on there, miraculously appears in Plex after some effort.
    I watch sports, a little news and that’s it. I’m not a TV guy. My father used to call it the “idiot” box.
    I’m more of an outside in nature guy. To many people who are confined to indoors for various reasons it can bring entertainment and companionship so I see why it’s so popular.
    dreaminspirecreat3 likes this.
    09-22-2021 07:09 PM
    If they continue to give it for free, is there a need to seek out how to pay :-) under subscriptions in general settings (they pitch AppleOne but have the “subscribe to individual” toward the bottom).
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-23-2021 01:34 AM
    I watch sports, a little news and that’s it. I’m not a TV guy. My father used to call it the “idiot” box.
    I’m more of an outside in nature guy. To many people who are confined to indoors for various reasons it can bring entertainment and companionship so I see why it’s so popular.
    Good for You
    09-23-2021 01:36 AM
    “See” is an excellent show and it will draw you in, in my opinion, but not everyone will like it. I haven’t seen the second season although I was left impatiently waiting for it when Season 1 ended.

With that being said, Apple - at least in my opinion - recognized the popularity of the show and opted to wait until all of our free subscriptions ended to begin Season 2. Of course, I don’t have any proof to back my claim…
    Same with Ted Lasso and Morning Show (season 2 right after the free period ended).
    They extended the free period twice, if I remember correctly (mine was based on a 9/2019 iPhone 11), but then, in June, it was finally over and the first bills started to arrive.
    I was planning to cancel it after the free period, but then I started to like some of the shows so much that I stayed and subscribed.
    Looking forward to watching SEE after your positive comment.
    I'm also looking forward to Foundation - I read all of the original books some years ago, it's quite a fascinating story.
    I also found "For All Mankind" excellent.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2021 08:28 AM
    Season 1 of ted lasso and mythic quest are great shows.

Season 2 of Ted lasso has been mediocre.
    09-23-2021 10:20 AM