Apple TV 4th Gen - YouTube video stutter

crassbasket

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Watching YouTube on my 4th Gen Apple TV is unwatchable. Video playback is terribly laggy and I can only describe it as video stutter. Audio playback is normal. Temporary fix is to restart it, but after 15-20 min of use its right back with the same issue. Lastest update applied. Anyone else experiencing this? The rest of the apps work fine except for YouTube.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I have no issues with YouTube and my TV4. I did have some issues when I originally had my TV3. It was not just YouTube but all the movies that I tried to stream as well. It was attributed to a poor Wi-Fi connection. I bought a couple of additional Apple routers to extend my Wi-Fi network and this intermediately solved my problem. Allowed for a solid signal to my TV. Since then I have even gone a step further and wired my TV4 directly. Just offering one possible solution if you have it Wi-Fi connected.

sekaf

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes mine does the same thing. Netflix everything else works great. I end up deleting app and reinstalling it. Drives me crazy. Obviously some bug

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2