I finally went & purchased an TV 4K today

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Saturday afternoon, a severe thunderstorm caused an incredible electrical surge that fried my TV, and cable modem. Thankfully, my big screen TV, Wi-Fi router and HomePod weren't affected even though they were connected to the same surge protector.

Then today, Spectrum services (both internet and TV) were down all up and down the east coast for much of the morning and afternoon. I was like, "What the heck is going on?"....lol

Anyway, I went to BestBuy and bought a 64GB TV 4K and thus far, I am quite pleased with it. The video quality is very nice.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Saturday afternoon, a severe thunderstorm caused an incredible electrical surge that fried my TV, and cable modem. Thankfully, my big screen TV, Wi-Fi router and HomePod weren't affected even though they were connected to the same surge protector.

Then today, Spectrum services (both internet and TV) were down all up and down the east coast for much of the morning and afternoon. I was like, "What the heck is going on?"....lol

Anyway, I went to BestBuy and bought a 64GB TV 4K and thus far, I am quite pleased with it. The video quality is very nice.

Alright then. Welcome to the big leagues...
I have had my Watch 4K a day after @metllicamilitia, somewhere last September, and I love it.

I mainly use it for Plex, to watch tv shows off of my PC and for Music and Netflix.
I love that some music videos are already available on 4K.

Money best spent

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wait, I was inconsiderate in my previous post. I’m sorry that the power surge happened to you. That’s never okay.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow... that must have been some storm. I'm sorry you lost some equipment but glad you didn't lose it all! And congrats on your new Apple TV! It sounds great!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I finally went & purchased an TV 4K today

Alright then. Welcome to the big leagues...
I have had my Watch 4K a day after @metllicamilitia, somewhere last September, and I love it.

I mainly use it for Plex, to watch tv shows off of my PC and for Music and Netflix.
I love that some music videos are already available on 4K.

Money best spent

Money well spent, indeed...:cool:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your Apple TV. The Apple TV 4K is nice and you will notice the improvement.

Thank you, and when I connected my TV 4K, I didn't expect a huge improvement, but I was wrong. The difference is quite noticeable for sure.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow... that must have been some storm. I'm sorry you lost some equipment but glad you didn't lose it all! And congrats on your new Apple TV! It sounds great!

It was a heckuva storm and I was standing right near the equipment when the lightning struck. I immediately heard to fizzing sound, the power went out for a second or two and then came back on. The TV would power on at all. The cable modem powered on, but the ethernet ports were fried. Thankfully, I was able to replace them quickly and move on.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, and when I connected my TV 4K, I didn't expect a huge improvement, but I was wrong. The difference is quite noticeable for sure.

Which AppleTV did you have prior?

I came from the first gen Apple TV and a FireStick. So when I plugged the 4K in I was blown away lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Which AppleTV did you have prior?

I came from the first gen Apple TV and a FireStick. So when I plugged the 4K in I was blown away lol.

I had the TV 4 before the 4K but even there the difference is day and night.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
We have 2 of the 4k models at home and a few at work.

A couple of things. You mention the picture is nice. Are you watching something that's broadcasting in 4k, and is your tv 4k? If not, then you're really missing out.