Fed up with cable prices I quit cold turkey and only kept internet service. Currently testing out YouTube tv which doesn’t seem too bad but, I’m missing some channels like Investigation Discovery. Anyway, wondering what other streaming services people are using with Apple TV and what they might recommend.
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-17-2018 07:19 PM
    I currently use DirecTV Now and really enjoy it. SlingTV wasn’t bad either. I still have Hulu and Netflix and I’ve recently purchased a years worth of ESPN+.

The multi casting feature of ESPN via my 4th gen. TV is awesome, and being a sports fan, it allows me to watch multiple games simultaneously.
    mumfoau and joemd60 like this.
    10-17-2018 08:06 PM
    I’ve used DirectTV now, Sling, PS Vue, Lentech TV Pro, and YouTubeTV...YouTube TV is the best by a mile!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    10-17-2018 08:22 PM
    I’ve used DirectTV now, Sling, PS Vue, Lentech TV Pro, and YouTubeTV...YouTube TV is the best by a mile!
    How so?
    10-17-2018 08:49 PM
    How so?
    I like that you get your local ABC, NBC, and FOX right in the app. The “cloud” dvr library is the best of any, and the quality streams are great!
    MrMars and carrickfergus like this.
    10-19-2018 07:48 PM
    I like that you get your local ABC, NBC, and FOX right in the app. The “cloud” dvr library is the best of any, and the quality streams are great!
    Thanks, but know that it is the same with DirecTV Now. In regard to cloud DVR, you could be right. I don’t use it enough with DirecTV Now to state otherwise.
    10-19-2018 08:06 PM
    Been using YouTube TV since we cut the cord several months ago. We went with them because they were the only one that has CBS in our area. We also have Netflix (for free thanks to Tmobile) and Amazon Prime movies with our Prime account.
    10-20-2018 07:33 AM
    Been using YouTube TV since we cut the cord several months ago. We went with them because they were the only one that has CBS in our area. We also have Netflix (for free thanks to Tmobile) and Amazon Prime movies with our Prime account.
    Yeah, I also have Amazon Prime movies. I used it to watch the “Jack Ryan” series and whenever I want to reminisce with an episode of “24”. I miss that show tremendously. ...
    10-20-2018 07:41 AM
    that's what I get with DTV Now as well
    10-20-2018 08:08 AM
    I love DirecTv Now & PS Vue. Both have tons of sports channels and I like the DVR function on PS Vue. Haven’t used it on DirecTv Now yet.
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-20-2018 10:05 PM
    Tried Directv Now first as I scored an Apple tv 4k for signing up for three months of service. Coming from Directv it wasn't that bad but the DVR sucks in my opinion, and kept having issues with local channels saying they weren't licensed and would then not work. That ended up driving my wife crazy!

YTTV was next and thought it was pretty decent, although I wasn't that crazy about the guide. Hulu has way too much going on that I didn't even let the wife in on that trial. Tried Fubo TV and thought that was pretty good as well with a ton of sports but no ABC, they did have a decent on demand. Now I've been signed up with PS Vue for the last month and really enjoying it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-26-2018 02:46 PM
    I have been using Hulu Live TV along with Netflix, ESPN+ and Amazon Prime. I have tried both of the Sling variants and YoutubeTV, and really like Hulu best so far. Cloud DVR, easy to use, plus a ton of on demand contact made it the choice for me over the other live services. With the addition of ESPN+, there is plenty of live sports for me.
    10-29-2018 06:02 PM
    Amazon Prime and Netflix for me
    10-30-2018 07:28 PM
    Do any of the services have all these channels?
    CBS
    ABC
    ESPN
    ESPN2
    ESPN3
    ESPNU
    SECN
    10-30-2018 09:34 PM
    Do any of the services have all these channels?
    CBS
    ABC
    ESPN
    ESPN2
    ESPN3
    ESPNU
    SECN
    PS Vue has them. I really enjoy their service a lot.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    10-31-2018 06:59 AM
    There are a lot of conversations like this going on over at our sister MoNa site, Cord Cutters:
    https://www.cordcutters.com
    Annie_8plus and pkcable like this.
    10-31-2018 07:46 AM
    There are a lot of conversations like this going on over at our sister MoNa site, Cord Cutters:
    https://www.cordcutters.com
    I don't see it on TapaTalk.
    10-31-2018 11:19 AM
    The forums aren't available on TT yet. Trust me, I've already been screaming to get them added.

It's been suggested several times. I think they are waiting to see how/if the forums take off.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2018 11:33 AM
    I just emailed the folks behind the scenes and asked if that was something that's coming down the line. Fingers crossed.
    Annie_8plus and Ledsteplin like this.
    10-31-2018 03:09 PM
    My current setup consists of Direct TV Now premium, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube and I also have the Channels app which I use for local TV in case my Direct TV Now is down. Going on two years this coming March since we cut the cable cord and couldn’t be happier.
    MrMars likes this.
    11-15-2018 08:51 AM
    I’m still rocking with PS Vue & DirecTv Now(mom’s acct)
    11-15-2018 11:12 AM
    I used PSVue until my local channels were no longer available. I am using YouTube TV now and I like it a lot. The only things better with PSVue were channel selection, and on YouTube TV some of your DVR recordings are changed to OnDemand and you can't skip the commercials. They have made it better, and I think now the only major channel like that is CBS (I suspect CBS wants you to get their AllAccess program so they won't let you watch without commercials through other apps).

I would like to try Direct TV now that they have a DVR (even though it is pretty limited. I think YouTube's is definitely the best, and that is a showstopper for me as we never watch anything when it is on), but last I looked I couldn't get my local channels. Same goes for Hulu (DVR limits and local channel availability).
    11-15-2018 02:11 PM
    PS Vue has them. I really enjoy their service a lot.
    I don't see the SEC Network on any of their bundles or packs. And they say CBS, ABC, NBC, etc may not be available in some areas.
    11-18-2018 03:49 PM
    I don't see the SEC Network on any of their bundles or packs. And they say CBS, ABC, NBC, etc may not be available in some areas.
    YouTube tv has the SEC Network from ESPN.
    11-18-2018 04:07 PM
    Not sure of your area, but in NYC all of those channels are available. They were also available when I lived in Boston.

11-18-2018 08:27 PM
34 12