Best cord cutter providers

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Fed up with cable prices I quit cold turkey and only kept internet service. Currently testing out YouTube tv which doesn’t seem too bad but, I’m missing some channels like Investigation Discovery. Anyway, wondering what other streaming services people are using with Apple TV and what they might recommend.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently use DirecTV Now and really enjoy it. SlingTV wasn’t bad either. I still have Hulu and Netflix and I’ve recently purchased a years worth of ESPN+.

The multi casting feature of ESPN via my 4th gen. TV is awesome, and being a sports fan, it allows me to watch multiple games simultaneously.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like that you get your local ABC, NBC, and FOX right in the app. The “cloud” dvr library is the best of any, and the quality streams are great!

Thanks, but know that it is the same with DirecTV Now. In regard to cloud DVR, you could be right. I don’t use it enough with DirecTV Now to state otherwise.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Been using YouTube TV since we cut the cord several months ago. We went with them because they were the only one that has CBS in our area. We also have Netflix (for free thanks to Tmobile) and Amazon Prime movies with our Prime account.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Been using YouTube TV since we cut the cord several months ago. We went with them because they were the only one that has CBS in our area. We also have Netflix (for free thanks to Tmobile) and Amazon Prime movies with our Prime account.

Yeah, I also have Amazon Prime movies. I used it to watch the “Jack Ryan” series and whenever I want to reminisce with an episode of “24”. I miss that show tremendously. ...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I love DirecTv Now & PS Vue. Both have tons of sports channels and I like the DVR function on PS Vue. Haven’t used it on DirecTv Now yet.

Rudiepoo1

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Tried Directv Now first as I scored an Apple tv 4k for signing up for three months of service. Coming from Directv it wasn't that bad but the DVR sucks in my opinion, and kept having issues with local channels saying they weren't licensed and would then not work. That ended up driving my wife crazy!

YTTV was next and thought it was pretty decent, although I wasn't that crazy about the guide. Hulu has way too much going on that I didn't even let the wife in on that trial. Tried Fubo TV and thought that was pretty good as well with a ton of sports but no ABC, they did have a decent on demand. Now I've been signed up with PS Vue for the last month and really enjoying it.

Jester1275

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Hulu Live TV along with Netflix, ESPN+ and Amazon Prime. I have tried both of the Sling variants and YoutubeTV, and really like Hulu best so far. Cloud DVR, easy to use, plus a ton of on demand contact made it the choice for me over the other live services. With the addition of ESPN+, there is plenty of live sports for me.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
My current setup consists of Direct TV Now premium, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube and I also have the Channels app which I use for local TV in case my Direct TV Now is down. Going on two years this coming March since we cut the cable cord and couldn’t be happier.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods