I've seen on the Apple forums that this is a known issue. Allegedly it was patched in 11.1, but now as I've gone through the updates to 11.2.5 on the ATV it's stopped working. It's connected directly to the router, maybe a foot away. Internet will work for some time, then just knock out. WiFi works fine and has no issues. I'd prefer keeping it wired for the speed, but not really fond of buying an additional switch as some have recommended. Wondering if anyone over here has experienced the same issue or knows of a fix?
    02-03-2018 04:49 PM
    I recommend you reset it to its native state using the instructions found via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202118
    02-04-2018 06:57 AM
    I had tried doing this out of the gate. I've got an IT background so I went through all of the common trouble shooting "try this first" type of things. The reset only resolved the issue temporarily...less than an hour I'd say, before it stated that I had lost internet connection. I'm still plugging away on WiFi for now. Hopefully it will be resolved at some point in the near future.
    02-06-2018 01:05 PM
    I've seen on the Apple forums that this is a known issue. Allegedly it was patched in 11.1, but now as I've gone through the updates to 11.2.5 on the ATV it's stopped working. It's connected directly to the router, maybe a foot away. Internet will work for some time, then just knock out. WiFi works fine and has no issues. I'd prefer keeping it wired for the speed, but not really fond of buying an additional switch as some have recommended. Wondering if anyone over here has experienced the same issue or knows of a fix?
    What router do you have?
    02-11-2018 01:51 PM
    I have an Apple TV 4K on ethernet with no issues, but I have an Apple router.

Some people on the Apple forums have had luck forcing the port speed to 100mb. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8303451

Reading a bit on the Apple forums it seems that the Apple TV is very sensitive to what I'll call cable & port quality.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-04-2018 09:47 AM
    I'd prefer keeping it wired for the speed, but not really fond of buying an additional switch as some have recommended.
    What exactly are you doing that wifi won't handle? I have three ATV4K's in my house, all on wifi (Charter Spectrum) and none of them have any problems with quality or bandwidth.
    04-04-2018 11:28 AM
    It could be a couple things related to speed. Perhaps it might be that the Apple TV could work fine on WiFi, but when it is streaming video, that leaves less bandwidth for other network activities. Perhaps BD15 is sensitive to anything that interferes with quality. I'm this way. I used to get distracted by dirt on film before cinemas went to digital. Whenever Netflix has a hiccup and drops the resolution I almost feel a physical pain from the jarring.

My Apple TV is on ethernet in an attempt to minimize this stuff as much as possible. Subtle hiccups, frame drops and other oddities all are very noticeable to me and often kick me out of my suspension of disbelief.
    04-06-2018 04:30 PM