Amazon prime video is finally in the App store. Downloading it now.
    12-06-2017 11:41 AM
    Amazon Prime video has been in the App Store for quite some time.
    12-06-2017 01:39 PM
    Amazon Prime video has been in the App Store for quite some time.
    Amazon Prime Video has never been available in the App Store for tvOS up until today, December 6, 2017.
    12-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Amazon Prime Video has never been available in the App Store for tvOS up until today, December 6, 2017.
    This is true.

And apparently you can’t subscribe to Amazon Prime within the app on neither iOS nor tvOS.

And frankly, they have a horribly small library available for the Netherlands.

I get that it has to do with licensing and whatnot, but it’s definitely no Netflix alternative for me.

I hope one day all this licensing gibberish gets thrown away so we all have a true universal library regardless of where you live.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 12-06-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    12-06-2017 06:26 PM
    I’m sorry. I didn’t see the part about tvOS. My bad.
    12-06-2017 06:42 PM
    Since we're on the subject, this app is more than sufficient for the 3rd-gen Apple TV. It is hot garbage and consumer hostile for the 4th and 5th gens. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it doesn't even look like they used the SDK for tvOS and instead just pushed out a web app.
    12-07-2017 02:58 PM
    Since we're on the subject, this app is more than sufficient for the 3rd-gen Apple TV. It is hot garbage and consumer hostile for the 4th and 5th gens. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it doesn't even look like they used the SDK for tvOS and instead just pushed out a web app.
    Wow....If I have time later on, I’ll install it on my 4th gen. TV and check it out.
    12-07-2017 06:59 PM
    I agree. The worst part, in my opinion, is that you can’t use the Apple way of subscribing to the service. You have to do it via their web-interface.

Also, iMore has a blog about your take on the use of SDK for tvOS. https://www.imore.com/amazon-made-ba...-needs-do-over
    Just_Me_D and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    12-07-2017 07:06 PM
    I’ve been so busy, so I just noticed this was available today. The notification has been on my phone for over a week🤷🏾*♀️ I’m not too fond of the UI, but I’m glad Prime is finally available!!!
    Tartarus and iwoodland like this.
    12-16-2017 06:44 PM