Worth the upgrade or not

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the 4th gen Apple TV, and i am planning on upgrading to the 4K Apple TV. But I don’t plan on getting a 4K tv until December. I have a current 60” HDTV. From the 4th gen Apple TV to the Apple TV 4K, is their any updates on performance? As in how quick apps open or videos start to play? I know the 4th generation Apple TV does have a a small wait time before YouTube and Netflix videos start, hows the performance on the 4K with the updated A10 chip?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the 4th gen Apple TV, and i am planning on upgrading to the 4K Apple TV. But I don’t plan on getting a 4K tv until December. I have a current 60” HDTV. From the 4th gen Apple TV to the Apple TV 4K, is their any updates on performance? As in how quick apps open or videos start to play? I know the 4th generation Apple TV does have a a small wait time before YouTube and Netflix videos start, hows the performance on the 4K with the updated A10 chip?

I would assume it might be a little faster, but a lot of that has to do with your internet as well.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I would assume it might be a little faster, but a lot of that has to do with your internet as well.

That was my main concern, the performance or else i would wait until December to buy it. I get over 300mbps on my download speed and about 50 for upload so that should be fine. But how quick apps open, video starts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2