After a few years of keychain being introduced into Apples software, I’ve never used it but I’m considering it now.

For those of you that use it is there any issues? Pros or cons? I’d appreciate any input whether positive or negative experience if you’re using it or not anymore.

I don’t want to download an app (ie Lastpass) for a pw keeper. I’d prefer to use a baked into software version.

Thanks for any input you offer
    01-16-2020 07:59 PM
    I use the keychain option everyday specifically to login in to various sites. I do however, use 1Password to store login credentials and everything else from my vehicle's VIN number to my kid's SSN, etcetera. Still, for web browsing, keychain is on point, in my opinion.
    ThePinkChameleon and joemd60 like this.
    01-16-2020 08:39 PM
    I use the keychain option everyday specifically to login in to various sites. I do however, use 1Password to store login credentials and everything else from my vehicle's VIN number to my kid's SSN, etcetera. Still, for web browsing, keychain is on point, in my opinion.
    Thank you D, I appreciate your input

On another note, you feel secure storing your kids ss’ in 1Password?
    Call me the tin foil hat police but for me I’m wouldn’t feel comfy doing that honestly🥺
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-16-2020 09:18 PM
    Call me the tin foil hat police but for me I’m wouldn’t feel comfy doing that honestly
    I do. AgileBits has been around a while and have made 1Password very secure. I trust it as much as I do my bank's app. I've been using it since Christmas day 2013, when Santa left it in my stocking.
    Lee_Bo and joemd60 like this.
    01-17-2020 01:13 AM
    I do. AgileBits has been around a while and have made 1Password very secure. I trust it as much as I do my bank's app. I've been using it since Christmas day 2013, when Santa left it in my stocking.
    Ok fair enough. I know they’ve been around a long time. As much as I’m contradicting myself here by using the internet, I’m just leery about using an app/website that stores my passwords.

Do you use keychain as well? What’s your thoughts on that if you do/don’t...
    Annie_M likes this.
    01-17-2020 08:29 AM
    Ok fair enough. I know they’ve been around a long time. As much as I’m contradicting myself here by using the internet, I’m just leery about using an app/website that stores my passwords.

I use keychain, and while I know and respect those here you use apps that store passwords, I completely understand why you're leery of them because I am too!
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-17-2020 09:13 AM
    I only use Keychain. I don’t use other apps. I find it cumbersome.
    I have saved my passwords in an excel sheet on my phone as a backup. If keychain fails on me, I’ll always have that excel sheet to fall back on.
    01-17-2020 09:17 AM
    I have saved my passwords in an excel sheet on my phone as a backup. If keychain fails on me, I’ll always have that excel sheet to fall back on.
    I do have some (not all) passwords stored in a locked note on my iPhone as well.
    ThePinkChameleon and Tartarus like this.
    01-17-2020 09:33 AM

I do use Keychain as well. I usually forget about it. But then it will ask to use it in Safari. At some point they added the option to add passwords not from Safari. So now you can add any passwords you want.
    I haven't heard of any security issues or complaints with 1Password. AgileBits has been great with support. Mine is connected with Dropbox. If you have questions, you can email them or visit their forum.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/ca.../1password-ios
    01-17-2020 10:26 AM
    I use keychain, and while I know and respect those here you use apps that store passwords, I completely understand why you're leery of them because I am too!
    Thank you Annie !

I agree
    01-17-2020 10:43 AM
    Thank you Halil !

Good idea to have a back up
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-17-2020 10:44 AM
    I do have some (not all) passwords stored in a locked note on my iPhone as well.
    Same here
    01-17-2020 10:45 AM
    I do use Keychain as well. I usually forget about it. But then it will ask to use it in Safari. At some point they added the option to add passwords not from Safari. So now you can add any passwords you want.
    I haven't heard of any security issues or complaints with 1Password. AgileBits has been great with support. Mine is connected with Dropbox. If you have questions, you can email them or visit their forum.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/ca.../1password-ios
    Thank you for the info Led
    01-17-2020 10:48 AM
    Thank you Halil !

Good idea to have a back up
    Oh, but be sure to keep that backup safe. Protect it with a password if possible and don’t store it in the cloud.
    Truth be told: I haven’t taken any security measures, but that doesn’t mean I recommend it for others.
    01-17-2020 02:45 PM
    Oh, but be sure to keep that backup safe. Protect it with a password if possible and don’t store it in the cloud.
    Truth be told: I haven’t taken any security measures, but that doesn’t mean I recommend it for others.
    LOL You live dangerously 🤪
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-17-2020 03:44 PM
    Thank you D, I appreciate your input

Call me the tin foil hat police but for me I’m wouldn’t feel comfy doing that honestly
    You’re very welcome, Pink

As for feeling secure with storing SSNs in the 1Password app, yes. I don’t have a 1Password subscription and its data is synced to iCloud so whenever I wipe my device and restore as new, I install the 1Password app and then it retrieves my data from iCloud. It’s all encrypted so I feel good about the security overall.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 01-17-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    01-17-2020 04:50 PM
    Another keychain/1Password user here. Very satisfied.
    01-17-2020 06:45 PM
    I have been using keychain exclusively with no issues.
    One caveat which is minor. If I forget my password, or need to create a password.
    I have to be on the Safari browser so it will create a password for me.
    01-17-2020 07:00 PM
    That’s a good idea, maybe when I have some time I will do that myself.
    I did something similar with my contacts info on Gmail, in case that fails me.
    01-17-2020 07:03 PM
    You’re very welcome, Pink

As for feeling secure with storing SSNs in the 1Password app, yes. I don’t have a 1Password subscription and it’s data is synced to iCloud so whenever I wipe my device and restore as new, I install the 1Password app and then it retrieves my data from iCloud. It’s all encrypted so I feel good about the security overall.
    Ok, that I can understand doing between the app & syncing with iCloud without an actual subscription with 1Password syncing thru their cloud.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-17-2020 09:28 PM
    Another keychain/1Password user here. Very satisfied.
    Great to hear, thank you for your input

I have been using keychain exclusively with no issues.
    One caveat which is minor. If I forget my password, or need to create a password.
    I have to be on the Safari browser so it will create a password for me.
    Great, thank you Joe I will try to remember that pw tip & being on safari you mentioned !
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-17-2020 09:31 PM
    I use Keychain.
    I also have all of my passwords stored in SplashID. Have used it years
    Good Luck
    01-17-2020 09:31 PM
    I use Keychain.
    I also have all of my passwords stored in SplashID. Have used it years
    Good Luck
    Thank you TT I appreciate the input
    01-17-2020 09:33 PM