How Do you Rate Tim Cook’s Tenure As Apple’s CEO To This Point?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being weakest and 10 being the strongest), how do you rate Tim Cook’s tenure as Apple’s CEO to this point.

I understand that we do not personally know Mr. Cook or know the inner-workings of the company so your opinion will simply be that - your opinion.

With that being said, I think he’s doing a very good job at the helm.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
10 in the context of having some Apple stock in my retirement fund and following a number of leaders of firms I'm invested in. He's leading a profitable company, addressing strategy and missteps. He does well with the bits of seeing him address basic humanity and political matters. From what I see in the general public he's not with the business or personal controversy that hurt many.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
10 in the context of having some Apple stock in my retirement fund and following a number of leaders of firms I'm invested in. He's leading a profitable company, addressing strategy and missteps. He does well with the bits of seeing him address basic humanity and political matters. From what I see in the general public he's not with the business or personal controversy that hurt many.

Excellent. Thank you, sir...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
He was trained by the best

I like that he truly cares about the company and not just in it for the perks

He’s also under a lot of pressure to keep  on top when it comes to innovation

I give him a solid 10 for his devotion

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
He was trained by the best

I like that he truly cares about the company and not just in it for the perks

He’s also under a lot of pressure to keep  on top when it comes to innovation

I give him a solid 10 for his devotion

Excellent response, sir. Thank you1...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is easy. Without any hesitation, I give him a 10. I agree with @kataran - he was trained by the best. I too have Apple Stock in my retirement portfolio, so as in “investor” I continue to be pleased. He’s leading an amazing company in incredible and varying directions. I appreciate his sense of transparency and dedication to focusing on our security and privacy.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is easy. Without any hesitation, I give him a 10. I agree with @kataran - he was trained by the best. I too have Apple Stock in my retirement portfolio, so as in “investor” I continue to be pleased. He’s leading an amazing company in incredible and varying directions. I appreciate his sense of transparency and dedication to focusing on our security and privacy.

Excellent and well-stated. Thank you!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Jobs / Ive believed that 'Good Product' made money. Cooks believes in the 'Power of Money' to produce Good Product. Sort of 'Chicken or Egg', ie which came first. (?)
Both Jobs & Cook lifestyles are / were 'outside the box' but that is totally irrelevant to today's business world.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Jobs / Ive believed that 'Good Product' made money. Cooks believes in the 'Power of Money' to produce Good Product. Sort of 'Chicken or Egg', ie which came first. (?)
Both Jobs & Cook livestyles are / were 'outside the box' but that is totally irrelevant to today's business world.

Nice response, sir. Thank you!...

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Apple Stock in my retirement portfolio (now that would have been an idea I had -fortunately not a heap - stock in R.I.M ( Research in Motion aka Blackberry) Ironically, after I sold it ( at a reasonable loss) I used the now very shrunken dollars to buy my first iPhone ( 4s). And more Ironically, in Sept just past, my Financial Planner ( who also had some R.I.M. - I guess we were Patriotic Canadians) let me know that she ( and likely me too, as minor owners of said stock during a specific time period, were now 'respondents / defendents' to a 'class action lawsuit' being sued by some other former shareholders who had actually lost more $$ than we did, by not bailing earlier. Wacky, wonderful world

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
4 from 10
just short of lacklustre
Should have chased Jobs’s determination to have the best hardware harder, and kept away from basically meaningless software sweeties.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
10 as far as market penetration, business growth, and financial return. 4 as far as innovation,  makes great products, but they don't push the envelope as far as features anymore. Steve pushed to innovate, Tim is all about keeping shareholders happy, and in that regards I am.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
10, period. He faced a flattened iPhone sales in 2016 and still got to the trillion dollar valuation. The Apple Watch is the number one selling watch in the world. Again, it’s my opinion but in the face of uncertainty and change and call outs for lack of innovation, Apple continues to grow in 2 very important ways:

1. Happy Customers
2. Happy Shareholders

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
10, period. He faced a flattened iPhone sales in 2016 and still got to the trillion dollar valuation. The Apple Watch is the number one selling watch in the world. Again, it’s my opinion but in the face of uncertainty and change and call outs for lack of innovation, Apple continues to grow in 2 very important ways: 1. Happy Customers. 2. Happy Shareholders

Maybe climbing up from 5 to 7? A few years ago, he got carried away amid the huge success of iPhone sales, which is not totally his credit. He was just busy selling the iPhone. But some people were worried that he was bringing Apple to a one-trick pony company so to speak. In fact, he was empahsizing too much on iOS. Then he (or they) got really greedy, jacking up the price and the iPhone X sales did not quite go as he hyped up. Severe criticism and Aple stopped publishing unit sales numbers and other misgivings. Real Apple lovers were screaming for regular Ma update etc, but Apple continues coming behind of Amazon and others on innovations canceling production of network equiments included). It's only after the uproar of Apple lovers when Apple gradually came to sense and started offering and updating regular and traditional Mac lines that attracted us to Apple in the first place (Mac Pro is still not here after so many promises, for example). But I am soooo glad that Tim Cook finally realized that the iPhone is not the only thing we wanted from Apple. Glad to see new Mac Mini, 16" MBP, updated Apple Watch, etc. That gives us hope and I am gladly adding another 2 points to make it 7, with more room to excite us to reach a full mark.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
He’s doing a good job so far, but needs to figure out whether Apple should stand up to Russia and stick to its own fact and privacy preaching in the West...also improve on pricing and give Siri the attention it deserves (it’s been neglected and is now behind Google Assistant by quite a distance).

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
He’s doing a good job so far, but needs to figure out whether Apple should stand up to Russia and stick to its own fact and privacy preaching in the West...also improve on pricing and give Siri the attention it deserves (it’s been neglected and is now behind Google Assistant by quite a distance).

I agree with the Siri part though that does open you up more to privacy issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234